Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Daniel007
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour,

Just wanted to know if any one of you have events, fund raisers or competitions schedule for this upcoming summer?

As for me there is 2 that are already on the calendar.......maybe a third one !!!!!

1) Grand Fondo Ottawa (www.granfondoottawa.org)
2) Grand Fondo Trois Rivières (http://granfondoqc.com/#fr)

and the maybe is a 24 hours events on a race track.........(Accueil | 24h de vélo Tremblant)

One stroke at a time.......... :)

Dan,

·
My other bike has knobbys
656 Posts
As my sig shows, I'm into the Ride to Conquer Cancer for a fund raising event. Going to be so nice to do it on a road bike this year ;)

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
I have been putting together a list of S. Ont events on a spreadsheet while I consider which ones to do. I just pasted it in and maybe it worked. I did not include events like the RTCC and the 2 day Tour for Kids because registration is now closed. There are also some MS rides not on the list and the Ride for Heart. Of these I am doing Collingwood and a couple of others to be determined.

I would love to do the Hilly Hundred but Bancroft is a long drive from Toronto and I doubt I have any riding buddies that would want the punishment

Start DateEventDistanceStart LocationURL
08-JunRideau Lakes177 x 2OttawaTour Routes | Ottawa Bicycle Club
15-JunCenturion100HorseshoeCenturion Ontario, Horseshoe Valley*|* Schedule
22-JunCycle for Sight140TorontoCycle for Sight - Toronto
23-JunHairshirt Double Century322MississaugaThe Toronto Bicycling Network Inc. - TNT Hairshirt
06-JulTour To Trent100 + 85Darlingtonhttp://oshawacyclingclub.org/feature_tourTrent.html
20-JulLe Tour de Norfolk160DelhiLe Tour de Norfolk
20-JulOttawa Gran Fondo170/220Kanatahttp://www.granfondoottawa.org/
15-AugTour for Kids100-200/day x 4OakvilleThe Ride Overview :: Tour for Kids :: Childhood Cancer Cycling Event :: Charity Bike Ride
25-AugRide4UnitedWay160BowmanvilleRide4UnitedWay - Event Details
07-SepHilly Hundred175BancroftInformation - Hastings Highlands Hilly Hundred
07-SepSteve Bauer Canfondo162Sheffield (Guelph)Route/Register
08-SepEpic Tour Halton140KelsoAbout The Event | Epic Tour
08-SepRide for Karen160MapleToronto Charity Bike Ride - Ride for Karen
14-SepGran Fondo125Niagara FallsWelcome to GranFondo | GranFondo Niagara Falls
15-SepCenturion160CollingwoodCenturion Canada, Blue Mountain*|*

<tbody>
</tbody>

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am doing the Ride To Conquer Cancer in Ontario and would like to do the mid week series Crit races in Mississauga.

I may try some of the other longer rides if I find the right one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey chainstay, thanks for that list!!

I think I may be doing the Ottawa Medio Fondo as well. I have never done any type of event like this and 170km may be out of my reach. I know 100km I will be good with.

The other one I am looking at is the Tour de Trent. I went to school in Oshawa and my wife in Peterborough so it may be a good chance to visit our old haunts.

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
Here are three more
25-MayRide for Jack125Vaughanhttp://www.rideforjack.com/about-ride
26-MayTour de Creemore100Creemorehttp://trails.akaraisin.com/common/Event/AboutUs.aspx?seid=6729&mid=58
27-JulCycle Caledon Challenge160Belfountainhttp://www.cyclecaledonchallenge.com/directions

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2955;width:76pt" width="102"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:5911;width:152pt" width="203"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:3979;width:103pt" width="137"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:4328;width:112pt" width="149"> <col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:4026;width:104pt" width="138"> <col style="width:58pt" span="6" width="77"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

·
Banned
76 Posts
Here is my list of races/rides for this year:

April ?
Tour de Bronte Tour of Bronte

April 14th
Paris to Ancaster Ride Paris To Ancaster Bicycle Race
May 25th -26th
CycleCanada Century CycleCanada Century Ride | Cycle Canada's weekend of 100 km or 100 miles rides
May 25th
The Lung Association Bike Trek Events - Bike Trek - Ontario Lung Association
May 26th
food cycle race – Kitchener The Centre Wellington Food Cycle Ride - Food Cycle Ride 2012
giro - Vaughan Villa Charities - Special Events 2012
tour de creemore Tour De Creemore 2013 - Tour de Creemore 2013
Walk of Life Cardiac Health Foundation Of Canada
May 27th
dandelion grand prix eQuinelle Grand Prix
June 2
Becel ride for heart Becel Heart&Stroke Ride for Heart – Register now for 2013! - Ride for Heart
Cycle Georgian Highlands for Arthritis Cycle Georgian Highlands for Arthritis
June 8/9
Rideau Lakes Cycle Tour 2013 Rideau Lakes Cycling Tour | Ottawa Bicycle Club
June 8
Pedal to the Pines Pedal to the Pines bike ride in Sarnia Ontario - Sarnia Ontario's most exciting 1 day bike ride for charity
June 9
Tour de Northhumberland – Cobourg “Tour de Northumberland Hills”: June 30-July 22, 2012 | Northumberland Hills Cycling Club
Tour de Grand – Cambridge Cambridge Tour de Grand Sixteenth Annual Bicycle Ride
June 15
Tour of Speed – Newmarket Newmarket Eagles Cycling Club
June 15-16
Centurion Cycling Centurion Cycling | Centurion Cycling: Racers Race, Riders Ride
June 22
Cycle for sight Cycle for Sight - Canada’s only cycling fundraiser in support of sight-saving research!
June 23rd
Tour de Waterloo Cycle Waterloo – Tour de Waterloo
Moveathon for Kids with Special Needs 16th Annual Zareinu Moveathon 2013
The Healing Cycle www.thehealingcycling.ca
July ?
Tour de Norfolk Le Tour de Norfolk
July 27th
Cycle Caledon Challenge Home
July 28th – Aug 2
Friends for Life Bike Rally – Toronto to Montreal www.bikerally.org
Aug 5th
Le Tour de Terra Cotta Desjardins Tour de Terra Cotta -Race Date: Monday August 6, 2012
Aug 10
Minden 150 Bike Tour Minden 150 Bike Tour » About
Aug 11 to 17
Waterfront trail ride Waterfront Regeneration Trust
Aug 15th to 18th
Tour for Kids Tour for Kids 2013 Registration Now Open!
Aug 17
Three Port Tour Aylmer Express Graphics Group Presents 3 Port Tour Classic-Century Ride :: Aylmer Ontario, 160km - Three Ports, 100km Two Ports, 50km One Port
Aug 25
Ride 4 United Way www.rodeforunitedway.com
Sept ?
Tour de Greenbelt Tour de Greenbelt - A fresh air festival on wheels.
Tour de Halton Tour de Halton - Tour de Halton 2013
Tour da Via Italia www.tourdiviaitalia
Sept 6th
Pedal for the Past Friends of the OPP Museum
Sept 7th
Southwest Challenge Cycle Southwest Challenge Tour | Charity Ride
Sept 8
Caribou Charity Ride www.caribouchartityride.com
Sept 13-15
Centurion Blue Moutain Centurion Cycling | Centurion Cycling: Racers Race, Riders Ride
Sept 14th
Grand Fondo Niagara www.niagarfalls.grandfondocanada.com
Sept 15
Tour de Mississauga Tour de Mississauga HOME PAGE « Mississauga Cycling
Sept 28th
Tour de Hans TOUR DE HANS
Oct ?
Ride together for Autism 2012 Ride Together for Autism :: Autism Ontario - Halton
Angus Glen Harvest Ride Angus Glen Harvest Ride

·
Registered
56 Posts
Going to Defi Sportif in Montreal the last week of April. This is TT one day and a RR the next. I am a para cyclist and this is one of the few events this year that is put on for para cyclists. The event will be held at the Gilles Villeneuve race track.

Stephan

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm doing the Ride to Conquer Cancer (Ontario) in June and the Steve Bauer Canfondo (www.canfondo.com) in the Guelph area in September. The Canfondo will be my first century ride. I hope. ;-)

I'm from Essex County, AKA the Prairies of Ontario, and there's not much in the way of events in my region, so I pick a couple to focus on.

Cheers!
K

·
Banned
76 Posts
Anyone do the Mid Week Crits in Mississauga?

I have watched a few times but I am gearing up to do them this year, not sure how many I will do but it looks like fun.
I'm watching them too, I want to go on Apr 15th and sign up for their racing program, they look like fun to ride with, and they are very close for me.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have not riden in these races for a long long time and I think I will do the class that is the intro to racing on Monday nights.

The 15th is sooo close and its still pretty wintery out there to train..oh well.. you know where to find me.. back of the pack lol!!

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Just signed up for the Ottawa Mediofondo and by default, hubby gets signed up too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.