Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine just arrived:

3 Samoa's
1 All About's (new this year, basic cookie with chocolate on bottom)
1 Cafe Cookies

they just arrived and I'm enjoying the samoas as I type. mmmm...

I know "no thin mints?!?!"

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
Mine just arrived:

3 Samoa's
1 Cafe Cookies

You're not kidding, NO THIN MINTS! in the freezer, mmmm. Actually I like the lemon flavored ones, don't remember the name.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
zeytin said:
You're not kidding, NO THIN MINTS! in the freezer, mmmm. Actually I like the lemon flavored ones, don't remember the name.
Lemon Pastries I think. I got those, the Peanut Butter sammich, and Thin Mints (for mom, 'cause I'm such a good daughter.......and I think I gave her my flu :rolleyes: )

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
12 boxes of Samoas. Always Samoas.

Now the little doe eyed crack dealer is selling pies for the school band so I got 6 pies coming also.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
GS cookies are evil and must be destroyed.

thin mints and samoas.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Thin Mints, Samoas, Trefoils.

2 each for me, 2 each to go to deployed sailors.

Yes, I'm a pig. Back the hell away from my cookies and nobody will get hurt....

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
I didn't get any, but I think those samosas are the ones I like, the dounut looking things, carmel, chocolate, and coconut, the three Cs to good cookies.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
There's also shortbread cookie in the samoa's.

Samosas are an Indian food.
I know, but shortbread dosen't start with a C, thus screwing up the three Cs thing. :p

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
Oh my goodness, I got lost! Forgot about this whole "Lounge" thing! :(

Housesitting this week, the owner is a GS leader. She says before she leaves, "There are a ton of GS cookies in the den. I would really be happy if some of them disappeared while I was gone."

1 box Thin Mints
1 box Peanut Butter sandwiches
2 boxes Shortbreads
2 boxes Thank Yous (Crunchy cookie and chocolate dipped--The BEST!!!)

Is it really bad that I only have 1.5 boxes left? :confused:

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
For anyone not in this distribution area cursed by stupidass names for the cookies, I've provided translations in parenthesis.

I ended up with a box each of Samoas (Caramel DeLites), Do-Si-Dos (Peanut Butter Sammiches), Tagalongs (Peanut Butter Patties), and Cafe Cookies (this area only).

In the ABC/Interbake Bakery region, I'm having my parents pick up a box of Cartwheels, which Little Brownie doesn't supply.

However, I passed on this new addition to the Girl Scout Cookie line:

·
Registered
123 Posts
The funny thing is the Girl Scouts only get about 18% of what each box sells for, that is unless thing have changed within the last year or two. I don't know what a box goes for now, but when they were $3, the troop only got .50 cents. I usually buy a few boxes and give the girls another $5, which is the same profit as if I had purchased another 10.

I feel bad for those girls, its a lot of hustling for .50 cents a box. I would imagine the take averages out to less then $4 an hour per girl. Not bad if you are 7 years old, but not exactly a bonanza either.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was getting the hard sell from our brownie next door on a couple new varieties. the "Dutch Oven" and the "Cleveland _ _ _ _ _ _ _" (rhymes with a car made in Bavaria). No thanks, I'll stick with Samoas.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It seems like thin mints and the peanut butter sandwiches are pretty popular. I'll add a vote for those. I'm a sucker for anything with peanut butter in it anyway.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
Mine just arrived:

3 Samoa's
1 Cafe Cookies

I'm still waiting on delivery from the 6 inch scout with the big brown eyes. If memory serves me correctly, I got two boxes each of Thin Mints (yum), Peanut Butter Patties (yum, yum), and Carmel Delites (groove is in the heart). Can't hardly wait.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
I have several boxes of 'special' cookies comin' my way. They might have green in 'em, but I don't think it's mint...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts