Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I just use a crappy pair from last year. No sense in getting your good pairs all nasty. Doesn't really matter though. I am used to riding in temps much colder, so I am not too concerned about any insulating factors, if that is what you are looking for.

I suppose any glove with a good grip is going to work well.

HTH
zac

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gloves in the rain

If out training (3+ hours) here in often wet, usually cold New England I end up bringing 3 pairs of gloves as I have found NOTHING to keep me totally dry. I wear one pair, and stuff the other 2 in my back pocket. At about 1+ hour in, the first pair gets pretty damp, and then it's time to switch to the second pair. Another hour in, and switch to the third pair. Gloves that are wool based tend to do best in terms of staying relatively warm in wet in weather.

For commuting (I have a 4 mile commute each way), I just grin and bear it. I always pack an extra pair of gloves in my satchel so that if it's wet on the way in, I'll have dry gloves on the way home.

This past (snowy) winter, I've experimented with hiking "over mitts" that are made of GoreTex that I pop over regular mittens or gloves - they've done a decent job keeping the stuff underneath less-than-sopping wet.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
The sames ones I wear for everything else (except winter)...

http://ecom1.planetbike.com/glove9000.html

They just celebrated their first birthday with me. This is unusual for me. Most gloves last about 6 weeks before they implode on me.

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
Synthetics dry faster than leather or cotton, and the less material there is, and the thinner it is, the less water it will absorb and the quicker it will dry.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Oh, you wanted to keep your hands dry?

I just wear gloves so that when I have the next crash I'll have some protection. Don't really care it they get wet or now.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
NRS hydroskin kayaking gloves. Very thin neoprene with grippy palms.

singlecross

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.