Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I use Stella Azzurra Tecno Spugna Handlebar Tape that I bought on one "deal of the moment" type websites. Essentially it was half price but when I go to replace it, I will have no problem paying full retail as I like it that much.

·
Poseur
1,409 Posts
Someone here recommended RavX Stitchwrap once as having a true red and that was what I wanted. Good stuff and I will likely buy it again when I need to redo my bars. My only complaint is that it comes with fairly crummy plugs. I need to find some better ones but just haven't looked yet.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Another vote for Fizik dual as I really like the grip and feel of it, even though I usually ride with gloves. You have to pull it pretty hard to get a nice wrap, but it's so strong you're unlikely to tear it.

A lot of people love the Cinelli cork tape, and I just did another bike with that but wasn't as happy with the process as the tape was easy to tear when it came in contact with it's own adhesive. Feels decent, and in mild rain kept the similar feel to in the dry. Not as grippy as the Fizik dual though. The nice thing is that it's pretty cheap and comes in a lot of different color choices.

·
Banned
978 Posts
Me too. . .

milkbaby said:
Another vote for Fizik dual as I really like the grip and feel of it, even though I usually ride with gloves. You have to pull it pretty hard to get a nice wrap, but it's so strong you're unlikely to tear it.
In over 20 years of various tape the Fizik is by far my favorite tape.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,364 Posts
Recently, I've had good luck with --

Arundel.
Cinelli Cork.
Torelli Moda Chunky.

The Cinelli hasn't got quite the grippiness of the other two, but it is very pretty on the bike. They're all nice and soft under the hands, in particular the Torelli.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.