Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
You call that running?
262 Posts
Prior engagement covering US gymanstics or swimming or some such thing this month. Count yourselves lucky. New guy is much less annoying.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I too was wondering about Al. I must say, I sure won't miss him. unless he was playing dumb to appeal to the uninformed cycling audience, he certainly didn't impress me witih his knowledge in cycling. let him go back to women's gymnastics. he's got the big voice, but nothing worthwhile to say. :Yawn:

I like the new guy - I don't know his name yet - but he seems to blend well with Bobke. I like what I've seen of him so far. they've got pretty good chemistry and seem to get along well. I think it takes a certain personality to work with Bob Roll and this guy's got it.

to be clear...I like Bobke... he's definitely quirky with the hand waving and such, but he's a fun character and does understand cycling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Granted I haven't been through all the threads, but who actually watches/tapes the primetime coverage? I by far would rather have Phil and Paul in the live coverage...

·
Registered
754 Posts
dukey said:
Granted I haven't been through all the threads, but who actually watches/tapes the primetime coverage? I by far would rather have Phil and Paul in the live coverage...
I DVR the primetime and start watching it after about an hour. I'm able to watch the extra cr*p, fast forward through the same 3 commercials 20 times, and be done about the same time.

An INCREDIBLE stage today and I love that new FELT bike.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,076 Posts
I miss Kristen Gum.

·
In Vino Veritas
105 Posts
I'll take a hummer over a trautwig anytime...

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
dude, i used to hate the trout, but i miss him. craig hummers' voice really annoys me.

but al is off doing gymnastics and diving for the US olympic trials.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think Hummer is doing his level best and seems like he's done his homework. However, I agree with another poster that at least initially Bobbke seemed bored with him. I think the group liked Troutwig and maybe they are making the the new kid prove himself.

Here is some bio info on Hummer. Looks like he was a world-class swimmer.

http://www.usms.org/hist/sto/index.php?ID=237&srt=

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
I just skip all that pre-race crap and fast forward to the actual race where Phil and Paul are yakking away.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't miss Al Trautwig at all, but I was sort of wondering where he was. In case anyone is wondering, he doesn't know anything about women's gymnastics either.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
hawker12 said:
I think Hummer is doing his level best and seems like he's done his homework. However, I agree with another poster that at least initially Bobbke seemed bored with him. I think the group liked Troutwig and maybe they are making the the new kid prove himself.
he's knowledgeable enough, he's just not entertaining. trautwig played sort of the straight man role with bobke, hummer's like his annoying little brother.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts