Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day for the last couple of weeks it has gotten harder (or perhaps just more of a challenge) to ride to work.

This morning among other things I was treated to a fence blocking the MUT; it wasn't blocking anything else, it was just planted across the MUT for no apparent reason. OTOH if nature calls the city is well prepared to answer......

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course it is still about the most beautiful city commute in the world.....

And like I said, if nature calls it won't be a problem this week.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have been working pretty much around the clock on messing things up. Not really that bad for a cyclist since in the worst case I can just pick my bike up and walk around things.

Cars OTOH are really messed up.

Just the way I like it. :thumbsup:

Should be interesting to see how bad it is by Friday..... :eek:

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I didn't know that you matched your paint to porta potty blue. Well, I guess everyone has to have a favorite color :).

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bwana said:
Do you have to work on Tuesday?
The Secret Service has our building on "Lockdown" from Friday evening till Wednesday morning (I work about a block from the White House).

"No work for you."

·
What'd I do?
1,775 Posts
When did you take this picture?

I was on that call through Monday (I'm at the Convention Center, now), and that's when it looks like you got that. No, looks like Tuesday morning, based on the moon. Anyway, I hope they clean those potties a couple times before Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
StageHand said:
When did you take this picture?

I was on that call through Monday (I'm at the Convention Center, now), and that's when it looks like you got that. No, looks like Tuesday morning, based on the moon. Anyway, I hope they clean those potties a couple times before Tuesday.
I took all these pic on my Wednesday commute. Most of the action at Lincoln right now seems to be about building a platform over the steps leading down to the reflecting pool.

BTW almost all the PortiJohns are locked with a couple of big zip ties. And yes, several have already blown over...... :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
MB1 said:
The Secret Service has our building on "Lockdown" from Friday evening till Wednesday morning (I work about a block from the White House).

"No work for you."
If there is a disaster between Friday and Wednesday, how is your organization going to respond?

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Do they have velvet ropes to define the waiting line for all the porta potties? Because with that amount, side by side, you can't keep track of who is "next," so it's going to be a free for all. Expect conflicts.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MarkS said:
If there is a disaster between Friday and Wednesday, how is your organization going to respond?
You ought to know that we have backups and backups for our backups and even more backups for those. :cool:

But of course with all those porta potties backups shouldn't be a problem (until Tuesday anyway). :D

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
MB1 said:
You ought to know that we have backups and backups for our backups and even more backups for those. :cool:

But of course with all those porta potties backups shouldn't be a problem (until Tuesday anyway). :D
Hold your nose on Wednesday. I once was in New Orleans the day after Mardi Gras. It was not a pretty sight. I hate to think what DC, with its overflowing porta potties, is going to smell and look like on January 21.

When Andrew Jackson was inaugurated in 1829, the crowds trashed the White House and environs. The throng will not be able to get inside the gates this year. But, outside the gates probably will make 1829 seem like a Buckingham Palace garden party.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
1:6,000

The news up here in the NYC area is saying there will be 1 portajohn per 6,000 persons!

MarkS said:
Hold your nose on Wednesday. I once was in New Orleans the day after Mardi Gras. It was not a pretty sight. I hate to think what DC, with its overflowing porta potties, is going to smell and look like on January 21.

When Andrew Jackson was inaugurated in 1829, the crowds trashed the White House and environs. The throng will not be able to get inside the gates this year. But, outside the gates probably will make 1829 seem like a Buckingham Palace garden party.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.