Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna get in to training a little more in to training to loose rate in the most efficient way, and i keep hearing get a heart rate monitor, so which should i get? also how do you use it? what target heart rate should i be at to loose the most fat?

ME
5'6
160 lbs
22 years old
i work out about 4 days a week, and i am trying to ride about 5 times a week.

Help me out

· Registered
995 Posts
get one that will provide average heart rate and not just constant read out-$40-$60 I'm guessing. If you want to drop bid money, get one of the top of the line Polars that has a softwear program and you can load your work out into your PC-$280-$320 or so. The response on how to use it depends on your goals. Assuming it is to ride more competitively, formal racing or club rides, or just beat up on your riding partner, there are a number of good books and on line sources. Friel's Races Bible, or his Racing Past 50 and Carmichel's The Ultimate Ride are good books. But there are many other sources. The ultimate tool is a power meter that also includes heat rate function and cadence. You get speed, H.R. watts(power) and cadence, and you load this info into your PC. But it is expensive. For example a Power Tap system (heart is a hub) on built up wheel is around $1250.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.