Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,238 Posts
Blasphemy
 

·
Diphthong
Joined
·
4,986 Posts
Wow. Just wow.
 

·
"El Bwana"
Joined
·
4,399 Posts
Good God. Why is it that Hollywood (the metaphor for show business, not the Lounge bon vivant) can't come up with any good ideas without trashing the classics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
529 Posts
I dig the topical avatar, PDex.

I'll see it. And by see it, I mean download it without paying for it. I'm always ready to be pleasantly surprised, and Penn's a great actor. I also liked "There's Something About Mary" and "Me, Myself and Irene" when they came out.
 

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
Joined
·
5,887 Posts
PDex said:
Good God. Why is it that Hollywood (the metaphor for show business, not the Lounge bon vivant)

.
Bon vivant. There's a phrase I haven't seen in the lounge before, although it is perfect for Hollywood.

And the stooges movie idea is beyond horrific.
 

·
®
Joined
·
3,209 Posts
i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the movie probably won't suck. at least not as badly as you all are assuming it will.
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
the_dude said:
i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the movie probably won't suck. at least not as badly as you all are assuming it will.
No, it will suck. The Stooges were a product of their era. Burlesque was still popular and slapstick comedy was common. I don't see that translating very well in 2009, when most comedy is blue, and the only slapstick people have ever seen is America's Funniest Home Videos where guys take it in the nads. I don't care who you put in it--this one is going to stink to high heaven.
 

·
Low rep power
Joined
·
6,264 Posts
BOYCOTT!!! (and yes, I am shouting)

nyuk nyuk nyuk
 

·
®
Joined
·
3,209 Posts
mohair_chair said:
No, it will suck. The Stooges were a product of their era. Burlesque was still popular and slapstick comedy was common. I don't see that translating very well in 2009, when most comedy is blue, and the only slapstick people have ever seen is America's Funniest Home Videos where guys take it in the nads. I don't care who you put in it--this one is going to stink to high heaven.


the farrelly brothers haven't written too many shitbombs, so i'm hopeful.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top