Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting on the back deck now, looking at the trees and sky with a beer and some good tunes on the Sonos. Grilling up some meat. This is pretty high on my list.

Need to get a smoker so it takes longer.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Skiing. No question.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
boat building, yoga, cooking, waterfowl hunting, sailing, beekeeping, listening to music. I have three stereo systems in the house. One in the garage, one in the basement, and one in the family room. I also have a jbl flip 3 for when I am sitting by the fire along the creek, when I stay overnight in the cabin.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
i enjoy ... skinny skiing ... going to bullfights on acid...

·
Proud luddite
7,236 Posts
NNCing is really my #1 interest with a limited amount of free time but otherwise it's probably going to the movies with the missus. We've gotten hooked on a new theater in town, only about 60 seats in each of the three viewing rooms but the seats are recliners and they have a full menu with really good food so you can eat a nice meal while you watch the movie. Costs way more than a typical movie would when you factor in the meal, but it's a lot of fun. :)

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
Costs way more than a typical movie would when you factor in the meal, but it's a lot of fun. :)
Does this eliminate the people that talk during the movies?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
So many choices. #1 would have to be skiing, if it is winter that is. Like HFC, grilling on the deck especially with a bunch of friends is pretty high also. MTB, kayaking, hiking, hanging out with friends, eating delicious food, naps, reading the Sunday paper...

·
Registered
149 Posts
OK, I confess...No idea what NNNC is??
Not not NC.

I'll give you a hint. What does NC stand for? None of those 155 are it.
I was wondering the same thing. I assumed "not cycling", but after careful consideration and liberal application of my patented finger-counting methodology, I was able to determine that there were at least two extra "N's" not accounted for by that assumption. Thanks for the clarification. ;)

·
Proud luddite
7,236 Posts
Does this eliminate the people that talk during the movies?
No, I think that's about the same...jerks are going to be jerks no matter where they are. The management does have a pretty good system in place to minimize disturbance when the food is brought to patrons and they order something after the film has started. It's a great experience. Oh, and the menu includes alcohol so you can get blitzed if you want! :D

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Lately trail running/racing, although I have been increasing the miles on the cross bike riding gravel a lot more lately. I generally like to be outdoors a lot doing anything but yard work. Here's a shot of the fall colors and the trail of a 100k trail race I did yesterday:

Attachments

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
Practicing guitar (and getting the band back together)

I remembered that sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Just picked up a new hobby: Metal artwork. Specifically, coloring copper with patina and heat.

Spent a good portion of the weekend testing out various chemicals on small pieces. We just happen to have a lot of the materials on hand already, including blowtorches.

Lesson I learned yesterday: If you can smell anything through the respirator, it's not on properly! Great, I probably have a nice patina coating on my lungs now.

Got into this b/c I was researching gift ideas for our 7th wedding anniversary, and the traditional gift is either a desk set or copper. So now I've got about two weeks to HTFU and come up with some lousy little gift (John doesn't realize this is why I took it up.) He did say he'd like a little bowl, so I'm shooting for that much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts