Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bicycle seems so simple a invention now but somehow it's astounding that Leonardo DaVinci couldn't have drawn a two or three wheeled machine for man.

I wonder how history would have been different?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The alleged DaVinci bicycle looks so much like modern bicycles that it is hard to believe it is authentic. The DaVinci bicycle has a crankset, pedals, chain, fixed gears, spoked wheels, seat above the rear wheel, handlebars above the front wheel, etc. It's not much different from the Schwinn Stingray that I had when I was a kid.

·
Registered
797 Posts
If in fact he did, I would quit riding as I wnat nothing to do with anything affiliated with that farse...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Visitor302 said:
If in fact he did, I would quit riding as I wnat nothing to do with anything affiliated with that farse...
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (1 Timothy 1:15)
Now you know why a lot of people think the Dan Brown book makes more sense than official church doctrine.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well, I don't know about Mr.Brown, nor do i care much at this point.
I just have a problem with all this code BS... If he was such a great religous philosopher,, then whey would he need a code? Just write it out in black and white!

·
Tourist
989 Posts
Actually here is the bike invented by Da Vinci. The second picture is the car that he invented. I took the pictures in his home in Amboise (France), they built a bunch of his inventions from his drawings...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
da Vinci was a damned incredible inventor, but the bicycle was not one of them - the drawing has been proven a fake.

Um, and Visitor 302? The da Vinci Code was fiction... aka made up by Dan Brown. da Vinci had nothing to do with the theories it has sparked (other than being the source material from which to draw the fiction).

·
Registered
813 Posts
Visitor302 said:
Well, I don't know about Mr.Brown, nor do i care much at this point.
I just have a problem with all this code BS... If he was such a great religous philosopher,, then whey would he need a code? Just write it out in black and white!
:idea:
yeah its a movie/book dude, their not teaching that stuff to kids in history class.

·
my legs hurt
1,041 Posts
does anyone else see the irony?

That a professor named marinoni is right at the center of this entire bicycle controversy?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.