Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a chrome road bike with the head tube decal Alpine and made in Taiwan, it has forged drop outs and rides nice and is fast. at one point in its past it had a cyclo computer but thats gone. i just want toe clips and straps for it, anyone have an old set they dont want?? and if you know anything about this bike like when it was made and about what it sold for? It cleaned up nicely and is a joy to ride. I got a better crankset for it (shimano ultegra) and just need a 26.0 micro position seat post.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,287 Posts
Not that it answers your question, but in the 1960's, Alpine Gearing referred to having a large tooth difference between the front chainrings. What this did was give you some very low gears and some nice high ones too, but with the derailleur systems of the day it meant that you couldn't cross chain (big ring-little cog, little ring big cog) without either breaking something or having the chain loose and hanging down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.