Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Right Wing
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new Ksyriums on my new ride, very nice, very happy. I read about SL2's and SL3's from time to time, but Mavic's website has no info on such designations. My LBS (pretty knolegable guys) are not familiar with that nomenclature either.

So do I have SL3's? I know I have a black plastic front hub with a yellow sticker wrapped around it, and my rim decals are the new low profile almost painted-on looking ones.

·
Hammerhead
174 Posts
SL1, 2, 3 and now 4 refer to the generations of the Ksyrium SSC wheelset. If yours are last year's model (silver)they are SL3's. The previous (black) ones are the SL2. The original black ones with the silver machined sections are SL1's. The current model is an SL4.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Buck Satan said:
SL1, 2, 3 and now 4 refer to the generations of the Ksyrium SSC wheelset. If yours are last year's model (silver)they are SL3's. The previous (black) ones are the SL2. The original black ones with the silver machined sections are SL1's. The current model is an SL4.
actually, I believe the SSC SL3 is this year's model (2006), and the SL2 is last year's (2004 and 5). they are basically the same, except that the center of the front hub of the SL3 is black, and I think there might be some composite in there. both SL2 and SL3 are all silver. the claimed weights are more or less the same. the SSC SL was the 2003 version, black with shaved rims. the SSC was the 2002 and 2001 version, no shaved rims. no version of the Ksyrium is particularly light, and all are over their claimed weights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts