Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a race this Saturday, infact it's my first race. What should I eat for breakfast before the race?
I need to not have my stomach hurt me.
Also is gateraid the best thing to have in my two water bottles?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Its personal preference but I like to make scrambled eggs (2 eggs) and 2 pieces of toast with butter on them and a glass of OJ. It doesn't make me feel stuffed, but its enough food to give me the energy I require for the next 2-3 hours. Others I know prefer Oatmeal with fruit in it, cereal w/ banana and one of my friends makes pancakes. Its all what works for you.

I wouldn't put sports drink in both bottles, but your stomach likely reacts differently than mine. It really depends on the length of the race/temperature/etc. to determine how much water you will require. In a 60km race I usually only bring 1 bottle unless its scorching hot. If I do bring 2, I usually make sure that one is strictly water.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
When not What

When you eat is also important.

Part of your training was learning what to eat/drink before and during hard efforts. Look at your training and let it be your guide.

My preride/prerace breakfast is oatmeal, an orange/banana, some nuts and a coke. Quantity and timing vary depending on distance and intensity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Thank you guys for the quick responses.
My breakfast is usually Soy yogurt with fruit and granola clusters with some tea.

The race is only 17miles/5 laps. but it's a hard one.

Also I have NOOO training lol..

·
botanical guru
213 Posts
Gall said:
http://www.hammernutrition.com/

Read the knowledge section.

PS. I am not a coach and I dont work for Hammer. As a matter of fact I dont even use their products.

I just have found that their information to be very helpful.

Good luck at the race!

Gall

+1
Except I use their products.:thumbsup:

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I prefer to dine on the souls of my previously vanquished opponents.
everyone knows that sould have limited nutritional value. Hearts (and livers) though .... mmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
if its hot cold cereal whole grain

if its cold hot cereal cold grain

and coffee hot even if its hot out, just drink a little less.

for that short a ride the extra bottle might be more of a pain than anything else. i would say eat, get loose, and take water...good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.