Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still confused about Limar's girl Emma? What the hell does she do for a living? Limar has one of the strangest ad campaigns I have ever seen. It's obvious that the European ad people were involved and tried to please everyone and as a result they are that little bit off in trying to get their message across. My assumption is selling bicycle helmets but looking at the website you could have fooled me. Nothing beats Madison Ave. for ideas. Please Limar,next time hire some pros to do your advertising not the rookies in Milan.

:thumbsup:

Concerned

lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your probably right. I thought there might be some significance to her presence. Like she was a world class mountain cyclist or something on that order. But I think the guys at Limar said, "Lets stick her on the front page." and see what happens. Although what it has to do do with bicycle helmets, I haven't a clue. I am probably going overboard on this issue. Someone hit me in the head with a hammer and snap me out of it.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
It must be working if it is generating this much attention (and apparent obsession on your part) ;)

Gregory said:
I am still confused about Limar's girl Emma? What the hell does she do for a living? Limar has one of the strangest ad campaigns I have ever seen. It's obvious that the European ad people were involved and tried to please everyone and as a result they are that little bit off in trying to get their message across. My assumption is selling bicycle helmets but looking at the website you could have fooled me. Nothing beats Madison Ave. for ideas. Please Limar,next time hire some pros to do your advertising not the rookies in Milan.

:thumbsup:

Concerned

lol

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Gregory said:
Your probably right. I thought there might be some significance to her presence. Like she was a world class mountain cyclist or something on that order. But I think the guys at Limar said, "Lets stick her on the front page." and see what happens. Although what it has to do do with bicycle helmets, I haven't a clue. I am probably going overboard on this issue. Someone hit me in the head with a hammer and snap me out of it.
She's a helmet designer for Limar and she's really hot looking. Why are you b*tching about it? Sounds like the perfect employee to me.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
getting you to use your imagination

Her failure to do so may say more about you than Limar. I can picture all kinds of tasks to keep her busy. None of the activities would require a helmet, but I'd be willing to wear a Limar and let her pick the color.

·
Registered
339 Posts
rusa1586 said:
Her failure to do so may say more about you than Limar. I can picture all kinds of tasks to keep her busy. None of the activities would require a helmet, but I'd be willing to wear a Limar and let her pick the color.
I'd be more interested in the activities that would reguire a helmet!

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,136 Posts
Gregory, isn't it obvious what she is there for?? Sex sells, everyone knows that. The fact that, as BJ wrote, she's a helmet a designer is secondary. She is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Enough said. No matter what the message, one thing is clear, it's because of her that you remember the Limar brandname.
Cheers, Wayne

40 Posts
all publicity is good publicity

The name of the ad game is to move product. National Airlines had the "Fly Me" campaign; Braniff had Calder paint its planes various colours; now, Jack is the spokesman for Jack in the Box; great creative; but, in all these years, Jack has yet to get me to go into their fast food joints except to use their facilities. I have purchased
iced tea at "Jack's" when I was very early for a meeting at another restaurant across
the road. However, I will watch Jack's tv spots--he does have his own private jet, you
know.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It's amazing really, I don't speak Italian at all, and yet I feel compelled to hang on every word.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.