Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started racing. And I know no one is going to check but I would feel guilty if I was breaking the rules.
What is illegal in terms of asthma stuff. Inhalers? Medication? When I was little I used to take medication because my asthma was really severe back then and it was essentially steroids. Now, I have excersised induced asthma and will use the inhaler before a race or super intense workout. I might go back on some meds if the inhaler usage gets too high.

Please don't move this to the doping forum... it's about me racing. :aureola:

Thanks

·
Life Coach
2,523 Posts
Illegal, but no one is going to test a Cat5 like yourself. If you're anxious about it or just want to do the right thing, you can get a letter from your doc. See the links above.

There's a reason you always hear about 80% of Olympians having asthma. . .

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Val_Garou said:
Illegal, but no one is going to test a Cat5 like yourself. If you're anxious about it or just want to do the right thing, you can get a letter from your doc. See the links above.

There's a reason you always hear about 80% of Olympians having asthma. . .
Because the air we breath is polluted severely with particles such as OZONE and POLLEN and DIESEL EXHAUST.

Very NASTY stuff that our lungs have not adapted to.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Because it's a stimulant and essentially legal to use with a simple piece if paper signed by your team doc?
Most asthma meds aren't stimulants and don't increase performance unless you have asthma. This is why it is possible to get a theraputic exemption.

I have seen racers at local races use inhalers on the starting line and during races. I have never seen or heard of a local racer getting "busted" for asthma meds.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Because it's a stimulant and essentially legal to use with a simple piece if paper signed by your team doc?
have you ever used asthma meds? do you have it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Doesn't matter if you have had to use it. The fact is that almost all meds are banned under the drug policies. The only reason that they are banned is that there is a performance increase to be had if you use them. However, if you need them, fill out the forms, get the doctor to sign them, and there isn't a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts