1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
qwer said:
2009 model with RDH
Appears to be.

But that is not all, look at the second picture too, here I'll help:

This is a 2008 Madone (pay attention to the top tube):

Here is a closer up of the replaceable RDH
(And I have an apology to issue to someone here...just have to find the post.)

Now obviously the 2009s won't be announced until late August, but this is clearly what was rumored to have been the changes: 1) an RDH and 2) "better" or different paint.

I am looking for more differences too, looks like a subtle change to the headbadge but that could be lighting.

zac

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that yours? Looks like a P1 paint job. I like it.

I was referring to the fact that they are painting over the nude carbon. So no more wavy carbon under the clearcoat. :(

On my 2008, the black on the top tube, down tube and stays was nude carbon. However the black on the fork, rear triangle and headtube was a black spec'd overspray.

On my new "2009" all the black is oversprayed. I don't like it, but I'm sure others do, and was probably a source of complaint to Trek, that the frames were "defective" or the paint was no good. I know it was the source of several posts here on this board.

zac

· Registered
503 Posts
The new paint scheme is sweet looking, BUT, the 08s with their "wavy" carbon has a lot more character in my opinion, almost like its own fingerprint. The new paint is nice but a little busy and more generic looking. I like the TREK decals on the downtube, but the 2 Trek decals on the head tube is kind of old school. I don't know... the new paint scheme is kind of mixed bag to me

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
08Madone5.2 said:
The new paint scheme is sweet looking, BUT, the 08s with their "wavy" carbon has a lot more character in my opinion, almost like its own fingerprint. The new paint is nice but a little busy and more generic looking. I like the TREK decals on the downtube, but the 2 Trek decals on the head tube is kind of old school. I don't know... the new paint scheme is kind of mixed bag to me
08: That's a Project One paint scheme and is not the stock offering. Also that is not my bike. Mine is in the other pic's and other than the RDH and the black overspray appears to be identical to my 2008 6.5Pro. I don't know if it is an '09, maybe an '08.9 ;)

zac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.