Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. when am I gonna start seriously looking for a job?
2. when am I gonna find a job?
3. where is that job gonna be?
4. what will I be doing at that job?
5. saw "walk the line" tonite and really liked it. I thought whoever played Johnny and June did a great job. Got a great feel for Johnny's problems (what was he taking anyways?) and June was hot. I loved the music too. I really don't know much about Johnny Cash and never really listened to his stuff. I will more in the future.
6. LFR seems really cool. when are some of the others who haven't been around for a while gonna pop their heads back in (like ol'Ed). I've been here about a month and know there are more "characters" around. C'mon, for friction's sake stop in and at least say hi. Better yet, become a reglur like you used to be.

so what's on your mind?

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
5. saw "walk the line" tonite and really liked it. I thought whoever played Johnny and June did a great job. Got a great feel for Johnny's problems (what was he taking anyways?) and June was hot. I loved the music too. I really don't know much about Johnny Cash and never really listened to his stuff. I will more in the future.

so what's on your mind?
5. Saw "Walk the Line" the other night, and while it was fine and all, it was only that: Fine. Thought it was very slight, to be honest. I understand that they were trying to show the love story as a 1st priority, but I wanted more music knowledge. He's in the studio with Philips, plays "Folsom Prison," then is on the road and a big star 5 movie minutes later, with June begging him to play "Big River"? Whoa!!! There's some Johnny Cash becoming Johnny Cash stuff missing here that's a hellofalot more interesting than the fact that his dad won't say he's got a nice house. I want to know what Sam Phillips had to do with making Cash Cash. I want band inner workings. I'm happy Johnny and June got together, but I've seen that movie any number of times in different incarnations and names. Sadly, I'm still waiting for the movie of Johnny Cash's life and growth as a musician and performer. I think it'd be a pretty damn good movie, too.

Edit: he was taking speed

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya. I was focussed on June & the love development plot the whole movie. As much as I'm embarrassed to say it I got a little teary eyed when she said yes(I didn't think she would). I think the film was intended for people who know very little about Johnny Cash and the main focus of the movie was Johnny and Junes relationship(like you said).

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
I hear ya. I was focussed on June & the love development plot the whole movie. As much as I'm embarrassed to say it I got a little teary eyed when she said yes(I didn't think she would). I think the film was intended for people who know very little about Johnny Cash and the main focus of the movie was Johnny and Junes relationship(like you said).
The performances were great. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon were outstanding. And I think Ginnifer Goodwin did an amazing job in the relatively thankless role of JC's first wife. She shoulda got more notice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts