Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"S975" not shown on SRAM website.

reason I ask is, I occasionally see good deals on SRM powermeters configured with SRAM BB30 S975 cranks.

But I can only use threaded GXP bottom brackets right now, not BB30, hence I might save some $ if I supplied the non-BB30 S975 cranks to SRM for conversion (else they charge $450 parts and labor).

The S975 crankset appears to use a separately removeable spider center section, which is why both Quarq and SRM use it for their powermeters.

But S975 doesn't seem to be offered for retail sale, at least not under that model name.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Slightly confused by your op. SRAM does have the S975 listed. In case that's not what you were getting after look up at the S900. It has a removable spider and GXP which can be used for SRM or Quarq. I've been using the 900 with Quarq for a couple years now fwiw...

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. That's a SRAM/Quarq powermeter on SRAM S975 cranks at the Jenson website.

I was specifically referring to SRM powermeter (german company) with S975 cranks.

I know, sometimes gets a little confusing,
SRM = German powermeter
SRAM = components maker who also sells SRAM-branded powermeters manufactured by Quarq (SRAM's wholly owned business unit).

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slightly confused by your op. SRAM does have the S975 listed. In case that's not what you were getting after look up at the S900. It has a removable spider and GXP which can be used for SRM or Quarq. I've been using the 900 with Quarq for a couple years now fwiw...
Ahh, OK, I didnt notice the S900 crank.
S900 Crankset | SRAM

It reads "This crank arm is also used with SRAM’s SRM™ and Quarq™ Power- Meter systems"

I wonder why the powermeter manufacturers call it the S975 ??

I spot checked some S900 selling prices, typical mid-high $300s. It may be just as cost effective to let SRM do the whole parts & labor conversion for $450, and then it's "single source" warranty and responibility.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No. That's a SRAM/Quarq powermeter on SRAM S975 cranks at the Jenson website.

I was specifically referring to SRM powermeter (german company) with S975 cranks.

I know, sometimes gets a little confusing,
SRM = German powermeter
SRAM = components maker who also sells SRAM-branded powermeters manufactured by Quarq (SRAM's wholly owned business unit).
Ah, I got sideways with the S975 piece. Sorry! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.