Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am looking to get some better tires for my cx bike, what sizes and type and brand do you like? What is the best in terms of feel and performance?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you defining as "all around"?
Road? Gravel?
Grass? Mud? Dirt?
Rocks and roots?
All of the above?
All of the above approach. I liked to hit a variety of terrains when i am on my cx bike. I also want tires that have a good longevity to them. The pdx crusaders are wearing kinda quick.

·
Registered
20,736 Posts
All of the above approach. I liked to hit a variety of terrains when i am on my cx bike. I also want tires that have a good longevity to them. The pdx crusaders are wearing kinda quick.
Isn't most (>50%) of your CX riding on roads? If you want better longevity you need a tire with a smooth center track. Which of course is going to be terrible on grass and mud.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Kind of like asking what are the best all round skis. Good luck in a cross country race and downhill using the same skis.

Anyway, Challenge Gravel Grinder tires are pretty good for mixed surface riding.

Saying what you have now and what is it about them you feel you need to improve might help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The closest I have found to a do everything tire (rolls on the pavement, handles gravel, mud, grass, singletrack) is the Panaracer CG CX. Its light, durable, and can be gravel biked, raced, and everything in between.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
The closest I have found to a do everything tire (rolls on the pavement, handles gravel, mud, grass, singletrack) is the Panaracer CG CX. Its light, durable, and can be gravel biked, raced, and everything in between.
+1 for the Panaracer CG CX! Definitely worth the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts