Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellows,

With the myriad of tri-bikes available is there one or two that stand out as the best from the rest?

Thank you,

Canuckophile

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
and are we talking Tri only.. as in not UCI legal... if thats the case probably FELT's non UCI tri-rig.

UCI-legal... BMC,Trek,Cervelo,Felt,Lapierre,Canyon..

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well......Cervelo, Trek and Felt seem to all make decent bikes. Again, it's hard to narrow it down without knowing your criteria for what's best (as opposed to mine).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello fellows,

I have read the reviews online, but they are all over the place, so I thought I would ask here. I do know that the P5 was the most used at KONA; however, that it just one fact :)

Thank you,

C

·
Registered
597 Posts
As a suggestion, take reviews with a grain of salt. Many of them are thinly veiled advertisements anyway (which explains why they're all over the place).

A good resource for you may be <:: Welcome to Slowtwitch.com ::>. The creator of the site created the triathlon bike and has various tools we can use to determine what works for our individual needs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello fellows,

I have read the reviews online, but they are all over the place, so I thought I would ask here. I do know that the P5 was the most used at KONA; however, that it just one fact :)

Thank you,

C
could be cause that's what the bike rental company on the big island provides as I'll be not everyone ships bikes. <SHRUG>

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,567 Posts
All of the top bikes are great. All them fit very similarly. Unless you are mere seconds from winning your races at the very top level, you'll most likely be fine on any of them and you can make your decision based on how well the shop selling the bike will take care of you. Don't overthink this decision.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
There's no such thing as a "best" bike in any category. Buy the bike brand that you like, from the shop you like, in the size that fits you, in the color you like, at the price point you like, get it fitted, get the saddle you like, ride it a lot and it will be the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts