Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I understand what your saying. You can get a cheap frame built with DA for under $2k. Then, you have a frame, seat post, wheels, etc to sell on ebay. I just looked on bikesdirect real quick. They have one for $1995, but it's sold out.

The groupset (FD, RD, brakes, shifters, BB, crank set, cassette, chain.) cost about $1200 alone. That was the price at GVH Bikes.

You're going to be pretty close if you get a good deal on the groupset. It might be less of a hassle if you don't buy a whole bike.

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
Cheapest way is Ebay, Craig's List or RBR Classifieds. If you need a group, buy the group- not a bike with the group.

Several mail order places do group's pretty cheap too.

Why do your "really" want it? Weight? Your old group is worn out? Need bling? :confused:

·
Registered
528 Posts
BATMAN said:
I really want the group, but have heard that it might be cheaper to get the full bike and part it out.

any truth to this?

I got a complete bike with 15.6 lbs DA 7800 for $2K last summer from supergo. It is a great bike and I have no plans to sell the frame or any other parts.Supergo are converted to performance as you may know. Try to contact individual stores to see if they have Scattante SC-R in stock. Stock specs are as following,

Scandium Easton frame w/carbon fiber seat stays , Easton EC90 fork,FSA wingpro bar, Selle italia SLR saddle, carbon light supergo post and stem. Hutchinson carbon tires.
DA 7800 : wheelset, cassette, crankset, shifters,brakes,chain, frt and rear der. cableset,

I bought a set of DA7800 pedals from ebay to complete it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.