Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

So the question is, when you come to buy your cycling apparel, tops and bottom, what would you think

• Design

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Size pattern (professional or casual)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Fabric

• Workmanship

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shipping

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other Choice, leave your idea below.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sizing. I am a linebacker sized body. I must try on before buying because to me, an XL in bike sizes is like a medium in regular apparel sizes. Shoes and jerseys are the toughest.

Cost. An item is labeled bicycle use it is marked way up. I have found very good clothing not labeled bicycling in other store/online areas. Online I have returned many items. Some stuff even better.
Cost is not part of the recent supply chain lack of availability mark up. It has always been that way.

·
Souke Sports - Where Cycling Gear Meets Fashion
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sizing. I am a linebacker sized body. I must try on before buying because to me, an XL in bike sizes is like a medium in regular apparel sizes. Shoes and jerseys are the toughest.

Cost. An item is labeled bicycle use it is marked way up. I have found very good clothing not labeled bicycling in other store/online areas. Online I have returned many items. Some stuff even better.
Cost is not part of the recent supply chain lack of availability mark up. It has always been that way.
Your right, size is a common issue in cycling apparel like in all the brands, usually size are 1~2 smaller than other regular clothing. But as long as you get familiar with one brand, you will have more confident in the size your choose in future. :D

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As it turns out Voler has been my exclusive choice for 20 years. I have flirted with other brands but I keep going back. Nothing else fits me!
Cool you find out a brand that is reliable. :D

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The price differs a lot for the cycling apparel (from around 20 to over 200USD), what price range do you think is most acceptable for you in most cases?

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,806 Posts
Durability.

Nothing is more embarrassing than you wife finally telling you before your weekly group ride she has seen your butt crack though your worn cycling shorts for the past year.

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Durability.

Nothing is more embarrassing than you wife finally telling you before your weekly group ride she has seen your butt crack though your worn cycling shorts for the past year.
Indeed, that would be the real awkward 😂

·
Registered
136 Posts
I’ve found my sizing with Castelli products, so I stick with them because I know how everything will fit but I also know the quality is going to be good And it lasts after many years of use. Stuff isn’t cheap, but you can find some sale items.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,287 Posts
My criteria. Of course, aesthetics are important for a jersey but most of all I want the jersey to make me easy to see on the road. As for the shorts, comfort aboard the bicycle is king.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,658 Posts
Durability.

There are worse things than seeing a butt crack. I had the front seam stitching undo on one of my shorts. Luckily I noticed it before a complete wardrobe malfunction.

My question is why do so many shorts have the seam in the middle? To say the least, that can be uncomfortable rubbing against the sausage. I have only found one make and model of short with the seams elsewhere.

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve found my sizing with Castelli products, so I stick with them because I know how everything will fit but I also know the quality is going to be good And it lasts after many years of use. Stuff isn’t cheap, but you can find some sale items.
Usually the expensive stuff only have one disadvantages, that is expensive, haha! Totally agree!

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My criteria. Of course, aesthetics are important for a jersey but most of all I want the jersey to make me easy to see on the road. As for the shorts, comfort aboard the bicycle is king.
Thanks for the kind input Mapei, I agree, the high visible color design is very important!

·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are worse things than seeing a butt crack. I had the front seam stitching undo on one of my shorts. Luckily I noticed it before a complete wardrobe malfunction.

My question is why do so many shorts have the seam in the middle? To say the least, that can be uncomfortable rubbing against the sausage. I have only found one make and model of short with the seams elsewhere.
(y) 😂

1 - 20 of 48 Posts