1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new set of tires: Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps
Min: 115psi
max: 145psi

Is there a recommended tire pressure? This is my first set of new tires after the OEM tires on my Specialzied Tarmac Camp are being replaced(Specialized Mondo Pro 2s).

I always ran the Spec Mondos at 120-122psi.

How much does the pressure affect rolling resistance?

Thanks,

Craig

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
Studies have been done that prove that lower tire pressures are faster than higher pressures. I can't link you to one.

The findings were that lower pressures allowed the tire to follow the road surface and "flow" over it. Higher pressures allowed the road irregularities to lift the bike giving upward acceleration to the detriment of forward acceleration.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,793 Posts
What do you weigh, and what tire size?

You post successfully avoided providing the two most salient pieces of info for pressure recommendations.

·
Banned
605 Posts
I used to run the same pressure in both tires, now I typically run the front 10lbs less then the rear. I am also finding that I am running different brands of tires at different pressures. Ran Krylions at 105f/115r, Schwalbe Duranos at 120f/130r (not my favorite) and Cont. 4000s at 100f/110r, had them at 110f/120r but the 100/110 is nicer. Best thing to do is just to play with it and see what feels the best. It is possible to drive yourself a little crazy with it though because there are some many variations possible.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What's your weight

Cpk said:
I used to run the same pressure in both tires, now I typically run the front 10lbs less then the rear. I am also finding that I am running different brands of tires at different pressures. Ran Krylions at 105f/115r, Schwalbe Duranos at 120f/130r (not my favorite) and Cont. 4000s at 100f/110r, had them at 110f/120r but the 100/110 is nicer. Best thing to do is just to play with it and see what feels the best. It is possible to drive yourself a little crazy with it though because there are some many variations possible.
I run the same pressure on the Conti 4000s as you and weigh 166 lbs - what do you weigh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts