Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure there are some pretty good ones out there, because Loungers are probably prone to owning pets just as quirky as us loungers.

My cat Sticky, has figured out how to pull open my sock and undie drawers, and she is not satisfied until every last sock and undie article is scattered all over the bedroom floor.

I always know when she's up to it. I'll hear the commotion upstairs and sure enough, it's a sock and undie explosion.

Time to put kiddie locks on the drawers...:thumbsup:

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
The cat is convinced that every baby item is for her. She was most recently trying out the car seat.

The dog is convinced he is a cat. He cleans the cat. He cleans himself. And he has now begun hoisting his 60lb doggie butt up on top of the couch cushions so he can sit at the window sill and stare outside.

They also do this, almost every day:

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Not particularly unusual, but my boy Greyhound, uh...well... pleasures himself.

Sits down, starts biting at himself, and soon the legs get to jerkin'...

A few seconds later, he collapses with a big doggie exhale. If he had thumbs, he'd lite a marlboro.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
danl1 said:
Not particularly unusual, but my boy Greyhound, uh...well... pleasures himself.

Sits down, starts biting at himself, and soon the legs get to jerkin'...

A few seconds later, he collapses with a big doggie exhale. If he had thumbs, he'd lite a marlboro.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Our husky will not swim but every time she gets hot( like when the air temp is over 35:D ), she will stand on the first step of the pool.

She'll "dig" the water with her front paws so that it splashes up on her body...

It's hilarious to watch...

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Mary Ann the kitten likes to take my son's army men and drop them in her water bowl.

Ginger the fat cat follows me down the stairs at 5am and won't eat until I pick her up and pet her. She actually stands in front of her bowl and waits to be picked up. Pick her up, pet, pet, and as soon as I put her down she eats.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
The cat always paws at her bowl before she drinks water. I think this is not uncommon, but I've never actually seen it before. She's kind of pathological about it, often pushing the bowl a few inches before drinking.

She licks adhesive. Holidays are her favorite times of the year, because there are lots of boxes around with exposed packing tape for her to lick. She will also lick (and ruin) color photos, if given a chance. And she once ruined a rice paper lamp because she licked it all over--delicious glue, mmmmm--and then her spit turned all brown once the lamp heated the paper. Ick.

And she will find a piece of paper that's hanging off something, or a box that's open, and she'll pat the part that's hanging off, over and over and over again. Pat, pat, pat, pat with her paw. All while staring contentedly into space. She might do this for a minute or two at a time, if not interrupted.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Montgomery eats his own sh!t.

Hence my nickname for him: shitbreath.

Mac used to eat disposable razor blades out of the trash.

The dog I grew up with used to take the garden hose and run it down the two steps from the patio to the backyard so that she could drink the water that dribble out. She also knew how to open doors. She was a smart cookie.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
My labs love peanut butter, they lick it off a spoon as a treat but one of them inexplicably will stop licking the spoon and then begin to instead lick the upper part of her right leg. You can almost time it she is so predictable with it. She never licks any other leg, etc...always the upper part of the right one.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
i had a black mouth curr that would catch a hog by the balls instead of the typical ear grasp, RIP "Gator"

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
gutfiddle said:
i had a black mouth curr that would catch a hog by the balls instead of the typical ear grasp, RIP "Gator"
yeah that's funny, but for a doggie treat you can't go buying dried hog balls at Safeway like you can get ears.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
Montgomery eats his own sh!t.
My girl does that. They both consider rabbit pellets to be doggie caviar.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i'll be crucified if this gets discovered by certain parties, so let's just say it could never happen at my house.

female dog has the habit of searching out, uh, well, uhm, used human feminine products, and then consuming them.

kind of disturbing and probably not very healthy for the canine digestive system, and i'm not sure what it means, perhaps some kind of alpha, beta, etc status in the pack?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,946 Posts
Reilly thinks he's a dawg...drinks out of the toilet bowl, LOVES having his belly rubbed.

Reilly thinks he's a tribble....same EXACT vocalisation.

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
My roommate's cat Skitty loves to lick the spokes on my 76' Schwinn Superior restoration project. We can't figure out why.

There are 8 bicycles in my living room, two of them are Schwinn frames with the same spokes. 5 of those bicycles have exposed metal spokes, the Ciocc, Stingray Spoiler, and Mongoose XR250 Deore XT project have black anodized spokes. Yet she always goes for the Superior. My mint 78' Traveler has spokes I would eat my dinner off of yet Skitty seems to go for the dirty Superior wheels. :confused:

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
My cat Meg enjoys pulling underwear out of drawers and leaving it in the middle of the floor, enjoys chewing on any thin plastic we leave out and can't walk down stairs. It has to be a full sprint picking up speed with gravity till she hits the floor at which point she eventually slows down. She also drinks water out of her bowl only with her head at a 45 degree angle to the floor and her chin submerged.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts