Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

what is thinkcooper doing right now?

• Scheming on how to outdo all previous burningmans.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Getting pretty drunk.

• Being naughty - hitting on women.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playing with fire.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Partaking in other things that can be found at parties.

• Worrying that Friction has found his daughters.

• Mingling with members of the good ole grateful dead

• Drinking a fufu drink

• Discussing with his wife when they will leave for party #2

• JV partier - done for the evening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I don't know him... but I kind of wish that I were playing with fire right now. So I'll go with that.

joe

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
We pulled back into the home driveway around 3AM. The Portland bon voyage party turned out to be our only party spot last night. The missues was too tired by 1:30 to head over to the Barlow party. So we headed back home. I haven't heard any feedback on Barlows party, but we had a grand time. The hosts have a house in Bernal Heights, with an unencumbered view the goes from the bay bridge to Twin Peaks. The deck was a great spot for firing the flame thrower. We had lots of folks in apartments below checking us out. No police! Yay.

Last party related tidbit, Mark Pauline, founder of SRL was telling me about the show he's doing for the International Symposium on Electronic Art's ISEA2006 event in San Jose, August 7-13, 2006. SRL shows are truly remarkable. Deadly art. Mortally impactful. Bring your ear protection. If you like fire, explosions, pulse jets, maniacal robots destroying everything in their path, giant tesla coils, then this is the show to see. SRL shows are very rare these days, and hardly ever promoted in advance. If you're in San Jose on Saturday, August 12th, plan on checking this event out.
ISEA2006 Tickets

What am I doing now? I just returned from a 55 miler with 3500' feet of climbing. Locals note: Eureka canyon is REALLY blocked at the top (unless you're prepared to scramble). There's a 4' diameter Doug fir that was laying across the road, then VW sized boulders to start out with, followed by a mud slide that reduces the road to a foot trail, capped a bunch of huge madrones stretching across the full width road and out across a cliff (that was fun to cross!) making the final obtascle, a puny 30' tall oak, traversable without risk to life or limb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts