Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jack of no trades
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember there being this many commercial breaks during previous years' TdF coverage. It seems like there is a commercial break every five minutes or so.

Thank God for my DVR. Or should I thank Comcast. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Are you watching on NBCSN?
The pay package has no commercial breaks. They just have these little features every now and then, with this intro/outro song that is beginning to get really annoying.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
my Fast Forward finger is getting a serious workout...

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,952 Posts
LOL....watching USA "coverage" that is only a serious of advertisements with some footage of bikes randomly peppered in....and being surprised at said.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
LOL....watching USA "coverage" that is only a serious of advertisements with some footage of bikes randomly peppered in....and being surprised at said.
It's a lot of commercials... But it pays the bills... They offered the Tour for free. Hard to complain. Unless you just complain incessantly about cycling coverage...

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
It's a lot of commercials... But it pays the bills... They offered the Tour for free. Hard to complain. Unless you just complain incessantly about cycling coverage...
no it's not hard to complain. If they don't have viewers in the end they will loose those paying the bills as well.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,952 Posts
Remember...you're talking about Comcast (NBC). A multi-billion USD media conglomerate with more raw cash than many countries and more net worth than the entire GDP of many more. It pays the bills indeed. The bills are paid for. Broadcasting TdF is practically free to those creeps. They could do it commercial free uninterrupted and not hurt one bit.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
At least every other commercial isn't Michelob Ultra this year.
True! Hey... can you recommend a product to help seal my screen-bottomed fishing boat? Oh, and I need to buy a new pan. I like to burn things to a crisp and can't find magical nonstick pan.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,952 Posts
True! Hey... can you recommend a product to help seal my screen-bottomed fishing boat? Oh, and I need to buy a new pan. I like to burn things to a crisp and can't find magical nonstick pan.
You probably need a car descended from aircraft, like say a Saab, too.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
I just about always DVR the race, but sometimes forget to fast-forward thru the commercials. They call it a boob tube for a reason!

The lack of advertising variety wears thin; same commercials over and over. At least Geico puts some variation in their ads. That pirate ship and parrot one makes me laugh. They always have clever writing and nice production values.

·
Registered
940 Posts
And on ITV , all I can gather from the ads I see is that the British armed forces really need fresh meat (serious amounts of ads), and that 50% of people who drown never meant to go swimming (I assume a PSA vs paid for ad). And of course, skoda.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts