Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What NEEDS to be changed to make this switch? I am currently running a Full Ultegra Group on my Pinarello F3, and i am considering switching to Campy Chorus 10 speed.

Can i get away with switching the Shifters, and derailleurs, or do i need to go as far switching out my cassette, crank, chain, wheels, etc... or can those be done later on down the road?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You need to change the cassette, chain, derailluers and brifters. You can get away with your current crank and even your front derailluer but you might as well change all your derailluers so it doesn't look too disturbing.

Then change out the crank and bearings when you have a bit more cash.

Ray

·
Matnlely Dregaend
5,051 Posts
J-tek and Campy brifters.

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
I have been using a Centaur shifters/derailleurs and a Wipperman campy-specific chain with a DA 10 speed cassette without any problems. I also have a full-Chorus setup, and can detect no appreciable difference in the reliability or accuracy of the shifting between the two. I may be in the minority on this one, but I find no need to change the Shimagnolo setup to a Campy-spaced cassette.

The AC and Wheels mfg conversion cassettes don't fit every single wheel out there, so double-check before you drop the cash. As Chas says, you can use your shimano chain - the Wheels mfg ones are essentially respaced ultegra or DA cassettes, HG teeth and all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what i am thinking will be my initial purchase, then i will save up some $$ over the winter to get the rest, if i am going do it, i might as well do it all:

Campy Chorus Shifters

Campy Cassette

Campy Chain

Campy Chorus Front & Rear Derailleur

Will my stock FSA Crank with this until i get the $$ to switch to the Campy crank, also any brake issues?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
jut8 said:
This is what i am thinking will be my initial purchase, then i will save up some $$ over the winter to get the rest, if i am going do it, i might as well do it all:

Campy Chorus Shifters

Campy Cassette

Campy Chain

Campy Chorus Front & Rear Derailleur

Will my stock FSA Crank with this until i get the $$ to switch to the Campy crank, also any brake issues?
The FSA crank will always work if the chainrings are marked C-10/Sh-10.

You need to change the free hub if you can on your wheels to accept a campy cassette.

Shimano brakes will work always.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
you need to verify that your wheelset has a campy freehub available to use a campy cassette. I'm running am classic cassette and sram 1090 chain, and look forward to getting campy cassette. it works very well, but could be better. and coming off dura-ace/ultegra mix to chorus is just fantastic. shoulda done it years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.