Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lugged steel frame that is italian but I have no idea what brand it is. It has campy cable guides and gipiemme dropouts. I have the matching fork that is chromed and also has gipiemme dropouts.The lugs have a heart shape cut out, the only thing it has for a s/n is E1 looks hand stamped not by a machine. I have looked all over the internet trying to find a bike that looks something like it and have had no luck yet. I can post some pics if that will help.If anybody might know who made this frame let me know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I painted it white it was red and rusty, I'll never paint another bike white, I should have painted it red with a white head tube, to late now maybe next year.when I got it, it had tommasini stickers on it so I sent pics to tommasini asking about it and they said it was not one of there bikes.and after looking at there bikes I do see the differences, I posted pics of it when I brought it home before I stripped it down. I am starting to think it is a bike somebody made in one of those frame shop classes. The guy at the bike shop said there was a shop you could take for a $1000 and they would help you make your very own custom frame.I don't know just a thought.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have decided that it was a lug kit. So it has no "brand name" as it is a custom frame. I would like to put some sort of decals on it but I don't really want to put stickers of another bike company on it, that would be lame! I think I could have some decals made here in town I just don't know what , any suggestions?

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
make up a name...be a hell of a conversation starter.....

was looking at those pics again.....mowing your yard must be a b!tch.......but then again.....you got no grass.......OR MUD...I'm jealous

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.