Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my sons' Ksyrium SLs have titanium rod skewers. So I get a set of R-Sys, supposedly their better wheel set, and it has steel rod skewers. The diff is only about 20gm, but it's the though that counts. R-Sys: steel or Ti?

Thanks! I wanted an independent opinion before saying something stupid at the LBC.

· Registered
519 Posts
Hopefully you do not race or ever break a spoke. In only 6 months I have seem at least three Rsys front wheels fail. The problem is that when one spoke it compromised the remaining spokes shatter and you hit the ground hard. If you do a search you will find some disturbing photos out there. Good luck and I will be surprised if Mavic does not recall these wheels by the end of the year. I personally have stuck with the Ksyriums for their reliability and bomb proof design.

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. Actually, my third son bought these, and decided he was not comfortable with them, so he bought some Shamals. I don't race, and I am pretty careful so I hope I don't do a road bounce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.