Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired these wheels from a friend. They are made by Weinmann. The graphics are incomprehensible. Does anyone know what model this set is? Thanks.
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Spoke Rim

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,443 Posts
This looks like a custom build. I believe Weinmann only makes rims, not full wheels. The hubs look like Shimano.

I can't say I've seen these. I doubt that is anything wrong with them if that's what you're concerned about. Spoke count is a very reasonable 24 front/28 rear. They look almost new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This looks like a custom build. I believe Weinmann only makes rims, not full wheels. The hubs look like Shimano.

I can't say I've seen these. I doubt that is anything wrong with them if that's what you're concerned about. Spoke count is a very reasonable 24 front/28 rear. They look almost new.
Yes, they are pretty good wheels, and you're correct it is a Shimano hub. They seem a little heavier (haven't weighed them) than my Spinergy wheels, but I think they'll make a good backup pair of wheels for rainy days and such. I didn't know Weinmann only built rims, thanks for that. I was only curious as to where they fit in the performance spectrum.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
remove the rubber/rim tape and inspect the inside of the rim?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts