Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boobies!
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched about the last 1/2--thought it was pretty good.

Liked the BBKing tribute, and Lady Gaga doing Bowie (although she was rushing the tempo a little....

·
Proud luddite
7,236 Posts
I heard that Paul McCartney was refused entrance into a post-Grammy party. Paul FREAKIN' McCartney!! One of the greatest rock icons ever to grace this planet. I guess the place was too full of talents like Milli Vanilli. The Grammies can suck it.

EDIT: They didn't let Milli and Vanilli in cuz one of 'em is dead. So they let in Milli. Or maybe it was Vanilli. At any rate, the Grammies can still suck it.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
We decided to boycott it. Not for any particular reason, but I'm sure some good reason why everybody should have will surface... and we'll be among the cool kids who got in on the ground floor.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,285 Posts
to me, the grammy has always been the least meaningful of the artistic awards. by comparison, the oscars come off like the nobel prize. I've known a couple grammy voters, too. I remember them chuckling as they randomly filled out the endless ballot. I do, though, like Lamar Kendrick an awful lot. He's brought hip-hop out of the stone age.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I was kind of surprised when all 5 nominees in a particular category were bad, and the winner was the least bad artist, song, album, etc. Or maybe every one doesn't agree with me that rap isn't music first of all, and hip hop belongs in the gutter from whence it came. The best they had for rock and roll wouldn't be let in the door in bygone years. No wonder I stick with the classics.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
If you think I'm going to subject my Grammy to the insanity of the Lownje, you're crazy. Leave her out of this.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
I heard that Paul McCartney was refused entrance into a post-Grammy party. Paul FREAKIN' McCartney!! One of the greatest rock icons ever to grace this planet. I guess the place was too full of talents like Milli Vanilli. The Grammies can suck it.

EDIT: They didn't let Milli and Vanilli in cuz one of 'em is dead. So they let in Milli. Or maybe it was Vanilli. At any rate, the Grammies can still suck it.
Milli was the one with all the talent.

The McCartney story would have been even better if they let Beck and the Foo Fighters drummer in but not Paul

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Milli was the one with all the talent.

The McCartney story would have been even better if they let Beck and the Foo Fighters drummer in but not Paul
hahah...he said the foo fighters drummer! :lol::lol: can you imagine the scrutiny that guy had to perform under? on the other hand, when him and Dave swap sometimes, it sounds just the same.

Since this is a music thread, here's a good primer on what's wrong with the streaming content distribution platform in its current state:

Will Streaming Music Kill Songwriting? - The New Yorker

·
Boobies!
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahah...he said the foo fighters drummer! :lol::lol: can you imagine the scrutiny that guy had to perform under? on the other hand, when him and Dave swap sometimes, it sounds just the same.

Since this is a music thread, here's a good primer on what's wrong with the streaming content distribution platform in its current state:

Will Streaming Music Kill Songwriting? - The New Yorker
Friends of ours who are song-writers have been telling us this for a while.

I hope that they figure out the royalty division.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Yet another awards show I didn't even notice or care that I missed out on.

And I work in live productions.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
What did Kanye win? It's the only thing that really matters.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
I have a co-irker who's really into Kayne and Kim and all that garbage. I always say his name as "Kane" just because it sets her off and she loves to correct it to Kanye because the spelling of it alone makes him a special person.

As for the Grammys, I don't watch any awards show, ever. I'd rather not take the bad with what little good there may be.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
it's an awards show where they give out very few awards. (on tape)
people come out on stage and they say "won 2 Grammy's tonight" and I'm saying
"I didn't see that"

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
it's an awards show where they give out very few awards. (on tape)
people come out on stage and they say "won 2 Grammy's tonight" and I'm saying
"I didn't see that"
Here are teh two they won...
Glasses Food Tableware Sitting Meal
They are nice grammy's and do a heck of a job in the kitchen...
probably have an orange oven. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts