Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a trainer to use at work. I don't want a rear wheel on Trainer. Already have 2 Kirk Kinetics. I'd like a Power Trainer that you don't have to use your rear wheel. I've been looking around and maybe I'm missing it but will any of these trainers work with my bikes 12mm thru axle? If so what's the best bang for the buck out there this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Not sure what your budget is, or what kind of trainer you are looking for.

Most direct drive trainers are 'smart', and thus somewhat expensive.

I have Wahoo Kickr. It comes with a QR skewer, but there is a 142x12 thru axle adapter available for it.

KICKR Trainer 142x12 Mountain Bike Adapter | Wahoo Fitness

Note that the adapter just shims down your Thru Axle so their QR skewer works.

I'm sure there are others out there, but someone else will have to chime in on those.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what your budget is, or what kind of trainer you are looking for.

Most direct drive trainers are 'smart', and thus somewhat expensive.

I have Wahoo Kickr. It comes with a QR skewer, but there is a 142x12 thru axle adapter available for it.

KICKR Trainer 142x12 Mountain Bike Adapter | Wahoo Fitness

Note that the adapter just shims down your Thru Axle so their QR skewer works.

I'm sure there are others out there, but someone else will have to chime in on those.
Thanks. Just took a look at the Wahoo 142x12 adapter. Not sure how I missed that. Looks like that may be the one. Budget is under $1500.

Thanks for the reply and info Migen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Be sure to look online for black friday/cyber monday deals.

Also, check your local dealers. My local Wahoo dealer is having a 20% off sale on some Wahoo products.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.