Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the George Hincapie whine fest, many people posted they are done buying Garmin products. Now that the results are in and all is said and done (almost), what are your buying habits going to be like as a result of the Tour and its soap opera of events? Here are mine:

1. Radio Shack - For the last 20 years, the only reason I ever went into Radio Shack was for obscure cables. That ends today! Because of Lance, I am going to Radio Shack today to buy two obscure cables, a minature bulb and a crank powered weather radio.

2. Garmin - Who the hell needs it. I have Radio Shack now! Va va va allez Radio Shack.

3. Columbia - I am going to completely ban Columbia products for the rest of my life. George whines too much and besides, I HAVE RADIO SHACK!!!! I hear RS intends to get into the flannel market. Besides, I have my obscure cable collection to keep me warm.

4. Quick Step - Is this a flooring company? Who cares! Because of Tom Boonen's clown fest of a tour, I am banning all things belgian except waffles. Oh wait, I think I have been doing that unintentionally for the last 30 years.

5. Saxo Bank - Love the Schlecks from LOOXENBEEEERG!!! All my banking needs will be done on-line with Saxo Bank.

6. Katusha - Gesundheit

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tschai said:
After the George Hincapie whine fest, many people posted they are done buying Garmin products. Now that the results are in and all is said and done (almost), what are your buying habits going to be like as a result of the Tour and its soap opera of events? Here are mine:

1. Radio Shack - For the last 20 years, the only reason I ever went into Radio Shack was for obscure cables. That ends today! Because of Lance, I am going to Radio Shack today to buy two obscure cables, a minature bulb and a crank powered weather radio.

2. Garmin - Who the hell needs it. I have Radio Shack now! Va va va allez Radio Shack.

3. Columbia - I am going to completely ban Columbia products for the rest of my life. George whines too much and besides, I HAVE RADIO SHACK!!!! I hear RS intends to get into the flannel market. Besides, I have my obscure cable collection to keep me warm.

4. Quick Step - Is this a flooring company? Who cares! Because of Tom Boonen's clown fest of a tour, I am banning all things belgian except waffles.

5. Saxo Bank - Love the Schlecks from LOOXENBEEEERG!!! All my banking needs will be done on-line with Saxo Bank.

6. Katusha - Gesundheit
:thumbsup: :7: :lol:

·
not feeling creative
142 Posts
new product launch....

Tschai said:

4. Quick Step - Is this a flooring company? Who cares! Because of Tom Boonen's clown fest of a tour, I am banning all things belgian except waffles. Oh wait, I think I have been doing that unintentionally for the last 30 years.

6. Katusha - Gesundheit
I've heard Johnathon Vaughters is coming out with his "signature" line of douchebags.

·
Dares to use the rasberry
323 Posts
Tschai said:

6. Katusha - Gesundheit
:lol: :lol: My favorite post of this whole forum!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Tschai said:

6. Katusha - Gesundheit
Finally a great TDF post!!. For a moment in honor of the tour I considered upgrading one of my old steel bikes from 9 spd to 10 spd, but.....nah............

b21

·
Administrator
13,056 Posts
Classic.
:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Funny thread...

The TDF has caused me to buy -
2 tubes,
1 patch kit
1 tire-iron set

and this morning I got back on my bike for the first time in like 3 or 4 years... :eek: . I've been doing spinning, but it is just not the same... :(

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I ordered a 11-28 cassette so I can go hill climbing. I probably should have ordered a Honda.

·
Cpark
2,062 Posts
DarkSaturn said:
The whistling Prius commercial that ran every break here in Canada was driving me insane.
That's interesting...I didn't spot a single Prius commercial here in US .
Did see a ton of Cadillac commercials though.

One thing I won't buy is the new Giro Prolight helmet.
It looks kind of boring and old, IMO.

·
Registered
336 Posts
LOL, awesome post!

I have now ridden 5 days straight, so I need new Beljum budder chamois creme, and I ate at Chipotle last night, (not because of, "Wiggo")

on another post, I said I would go to Radio Shack, but I lied.

Great post

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.