Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
I also forgot to add I wont be buying the antifreeze green Oakleys that they were handing out to everyone the first week of the race. I think we will all look back in ten years and laugh at those glasses. Sort of like looking at the Factory pilots that Lemond and Hampsten wore.

G

·
barry1021 said:
Finally a great TDF post!!. For a moment in honor of the tour I considered upgrading one of my old steel bikes from 9 spd to 10 spd, but.....nah............

b21
What the H$ll do you have with 9 speed???

The one I know you had, it seems you have sold ..................................:cryin: :mad2:

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
gonna re-join radio shack battery club

gonna re-join radio shack battery club
and get one of those cheapo batteries for free each month.
(i am showingg my age.)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have been buying a Garmin GPS a day for about a week now, playing the Belgium lottery and planning a trip to Kazakhstan. I also went to my local USPS office today and used my Motorola phone. Oooo, rode my Specialized Tarmac bike this morning after that show of power by Andy!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm going to buy me a Cadillac, which is like trying on a $50,000 dress, then I'm going to check my credit report on Freecreditreport.com, which probably won't be so good after that. Oh, and I'm going to sing the song, too. "Free Credit Report.com--tell your dad, tell your friends, tell your mom...."

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm pretty sure those Geico Caveman commercials are about me....no, I don't shave my legs and yes, I have long hair and a beard. So I'll probably have to get me some Geico insurance. I even dig the song 'Let me be myself".

I'd stay clear of that Progressive stuff though...insurance for nerds?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Farmer Tan said:
I'm going to run out and see that stupid movie 'Orphan'.
LMAO!!!!

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
We're in the process of buying an old French castle so that next year we can wave to the helicopters from the parapets, record the coverage and watch ourselves later in the day.

Plus, I'm throwing out all my mid-calf black business-suit socks so that I don't ever get the urge to go riding in them.

·
Witty custom user title
552 Posts
I think that this TdF has made me want to have a couple of extra slices of pizza. Why? Well, even though I love riding like nothing else and am willing to work at nearly anything to be better and faster, I NEVER want to look like about 85% of the guys in the pro peloton. I understand that being "lean" is advantageous to these guys, but at the expense of looking like someone suffering from malnutrition? No thanks. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Tschai said:
After the George Hincapie whine fest, many people posted they are done buying Garmin products. Now that the results are in and all is said and done (almost), what are your buying habits going to be like as a result of the Tour and its soap opera of events? Here are mine:

1. Radio Shack - For the last 20 years, the only reason I ever went into Radio Shack was for obscure cables. That ends today! Because of Lance, I am going to Radio Shack today to buy two obscure cables, a minature bulb and a crank powered weather radio.

2. Garmin - Who the hell needs it. I have Radio Shack now! Va va va allez Radio Shack.

3. Columbia - I am going to completely ban Columbia products for the rest of my life. George whines too much and besides, I HAVE RADIO SHACK!!!! I hear RS intends to get into the flannel market. Besides, I have my obscure cable collection to keep me warm.

4. Quick Step - Is this a flooring company? Who cares! Because of Tom Boonen's clown fest of a tour, I am banning all things belgian except waffles. Oh wait, I think I have been doing that unintentionally for the last 30 years.

5. Saxo Bank - Love the Schlecks from LOOXENBEEEERG!!! All my banking needs will be done on-line with Saxo Bank.

6. Katusha - Gesundheit

Funny post. Thanks for the effort. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
E 12 said:
I understand that being "lean" is advantageous to these guys, but at the expense of looking like someone suffering from malnutrition? No thanks. :)
If Andy gets any thinner he will need to run around in the shower to get wet. I'm glad I don't look like that. I've had my days of sand being kicked into my face. But then again, if someone is willing to pay me 7 digit figures I guess I wouldn't mind. LOL

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.