Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tourist
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rarely using the 52 large ring on my 7803 30/39/52 crankset. So I'm thinking of replacing that large ring with a smaller one. Maybe 48t ? What chainring would you get, and where would you source it? Would be nice if it looks decent on my crankset, and more importantly if it shifts absolutely perfectly. My understanding is that I need a ring with 5 arms regularly spaced and a 130mm BCD. It looks like e.g. SRAM or FSA make these...

Thanks for recommendations!

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
i would go to my lbs and look through their used rings in the 130bcd pile.

they're usually easy to deanodize and polish ... unless i needed a nice black one.

if no luck, off to ebay.

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
I'm rarely using the 52 large ring on my 7803 30/39/52 crankset. So I'm thinking of replacing that large ring with a smaller one. Maybe 48t ? What chainring would you get, and where would you source it? Would be nice if it looks decent on my crankset, and more importantly if it shifts absolutely perfectly. My understanding is that I need a ring with 5 arms regularly spaced and a 130mm BCD. It looks like e.g. SRAM or FSA make these...

Thanks for recommendations!
Can we safely assume that you've looked at your gear development and that going to the 48 doesn't result in a collection of wasted gears?

I don't have anything to offer on which rings to look at but it's easy to end up with a bad selection of gears (wide gaps and duplicates) if you don't work things through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts