Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was looking to get a pair of cycling shoes, i want to get raod style shoes but i also want to be able to walk around at the sites i visit...I also really don't want MTB shoes because i dont want to get the small SPD pedals...i'm afraid i'll get "hot spots" after riding. So what kind of shoes do you guys recomend that are either SPD, Look or SPD-R compatible and that are walkable in?

·
Cycling Boob
844 Posts
? you said you didn't want spd's but then again you want SPD's? if you're after walkability, find a road shoe that has a stuff sole. i use PI vipers and their tri shoe

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think your best bet is go into a well stocked bike store and look around. Purchase from there as they will make sure your fiited right and you get what your looking for...good luck:)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You might look at the Shimano MA-80. It's currently my favorite shoe for long rides or tours where I may do any walks or short hikes. Technically its an MTB shoe, but the lugs on the sole are short and flat. Unlike any road shoes I've tried, these shoes are actually comfortable for walking. Since I started in MTB, I still use SPD pedals (don't want to swtich types between my bikes- egg beaters are another option for that issue). IMHO- If you ignore the hype, good old SPD's are fine for 90+% of road riders. Hot spots can be a problem if the sole of the shoe is not stiff, but that can also be handled with a better insole.

Like zooog said, look around and try before you buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts