Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my lycra shorts are pretty thrashed and not really decent to wear without tights. So now that I mostly just commute I was thinking of getting some baggy shorts or knickers for the warmer months. What's good that doesn't cost $100? Closer to $50 would be best. Thanks.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
When I don't feel like wearing a road kit, I just use cheap bike shorts with swim trunk board shorts over them. Fox also makes some pretty good bike short baggies I've used.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Pablo said:
When I don't feel like wearing a road kit, I just use cheap bike shorts with swim trunk board shorts over them. Fox also makes some pretty good bike short baggies I've used.
Ditto.

I like to wear tri shorts with the thinner pad on underneath and board shorts or similar over it.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
cheapest way is to get something, whatever you like, to wear over your shorts. baggies can be hot, and if you're just getting 1 pair they will sit in the hamper more than you wear them. some baggies have removable liner shorts, but you can't always buy those separately. since you've already got shorts, I say use those

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
Chris H said:
Ditto.

I like to wear tri shorts with the thinner pad on underneath and board shorts or similar over it.
You can mix and match and use the bike shorts under other pants or knickers as well.

Plus, on the off chance that you pass a bikini pool party on the way home, you'll be set. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
12,036 Posts
Henry Chinaski said:
Most of my lycra shorts are pretty thrashed and not really decent to wear without tights. So now that I mostly just commute I was thinking of getting some baggy shorts or knickers for the warmer months. What's good that doesn't cost $100? Closer to $50 would be best. Thanks.
REI Outlet has some deals. Or visit a store if there's one near you.

I've been using chamois liners, Swobo, etc under knickers, baggies, whatever...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Climbing shorts/knickers are nice. I have a heavier pair for winter, but will probably try some lighter summer versions soon. They are made the same way as cycling shorts, with a taller rear section, to prevent lower back irritation from a harness.

Mountain Gear has a bunch of selections.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.