Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound dumb but hear me out. Because of the weather and not being able to ride as much as I would have liked and a lack of self discipline I've been eating lot's o bacon cheeze burgers at the Blue Room lately and I'm about 10 pound over where I should be at this time of the season.

Anyway, I do most of the cooking in the house but since the weather finally got nice and I'm riding all the time I don't want to or have the time to prepare a lot of meals so I'm looking for something that I can make really easy as fuel but will help me lose weight. I could eat the same thing everyday so if I just had one or two items that would fit the bill that would be great.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Cheese pizza to share - too easy.

One of my new quick meals - brown rice burritos. Steamed brown rice (dump water and rice in steamer hit button), black beans, corn, and chilies from cans, veggies from frig - little bit o cheese, salsa - 15 to 20 min max and that’s waiting on the brown rice.

I guess more veggies than rice if you’re trying to drop a couple lbs.

I make big batches they last 2-4 days just fine.

·
Opus was just napping
21,669 Posts
I barbecue extra chicken, then eat it for a couple of days. Cook once--eat for 3.

Takes care of lunches (often my biggest meal)--and I never tire of bbq'd chicken.

Cut up a cuke and a tomato, some oil & vinagar, kosher salt and pepper...and that is that.

Seconds from frig to plate...and easy enough for me to do after a lunch work-out (I take long lunches though.)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Have you tried just leaving out the bread and sugar, and increasing the raw veggies? Choosing chicken/turkey/fish over red meat?

I make salads in batches after I go to the store. I add everything in and keep in a large tupperware container, then just get what I need out of it for a meal and add dressing and either nuts or chicken if I have it.

I sometimes put enough for a single meal in a zip lock baggie to grab to take for lunches.

I love to have a big salad, I just hate chopping everything up and preparing it. When I'm hungry and tired, sometimes that is enough for me to make a less than healthy choice. Making healthy as easy as possible helps me a lot. Pre-planning is a huge help so that my meal is fast when I'm ready for it.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
I like to cook up big pots of soup once or twice a week, usually lentil or black bean. In the winter time I like to cook up big batches of turkey chili. I get about 4-5 meals out of it give or take depending on if the soup is augmented with a sandwich (usually tuna salad), salad, or eaten alone as the whole meal.

I've got a big pot of black bean soup in the fridge right now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts