Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am trying to figure out what size 555 to order. I ride a 59 LiteSpeed classic and have a 35.5 cycling inseem and a bit of a short torso. I have always thought I should have gotten a 61 litespeed since with 1.5 inches of spacers still nets me a pretty good drop. From what I have read Look frames looke to be a good frame for people with a shot torso and long legs. I am 6'2 with shoes on.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
frame's too small..

To make a comparison of the fit, it's good to have the critical frame dimensions of TT length, head tube length and seat tube angle.

An actual saddle height measured from the center of the BB to the top of the saddle, along the center of the seatpost would be good to know. With a 90cm inseam, saddle height would typically be 79-80cm. An actual handlebar height, measured vertically from the ground to the top of the bars would also be valuable.

From a old Litespeed geometry chart, I get a TT length of 57.5cm, a 73 degree STA and 16.5cm head tube length. Since the frame uses a conventional headset, the total HT length, with the headset should be another 2.5-3.0cm taller. That would make your total head tube stack, with the spacers at least 23cm.

You don't mention the stem angle or stem length used with this head tube length. It's an important part of the setup.

In terms of "frame size", a 59cm Litespeed is only about a 57cm LOOK. Coincidentally, the 57cm has the same 57.5cm TT. The STA. is less, at 72.5 degrees, which makes the reach about .5cm shorter than your LOOK. The head tube length, with the headset, at 18.5cm will be even shorter than your Litespeed, by .5-1.0cm. That's not good.

The next size larger, 59cm would undoubtedly be a much better fit. The TT is only .5cm longer, making the reach nearly identical to your Litespeed. The HT length is much better, at 20.8cm, with the headset, but still might require 2cm of spacer, depending on the stem angle that you have.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

Thanks

I am thinking of ordering one of the left over 2005's from Competitive Cyclist. Don't like the color that much but I can live with plus it comes with the better fork. I saw the 565 in person the other day and realy liked it but I cant really justify the extra expense since I am just a recreational cyclist. I am using a 110mm 80% stem and that nets me 2.5" which is fine comfort wise just don't want to get too small and be forced to use a longer stem and many spacers.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
use an 84 degree stem...

I'd recommend an 84 degree stem to eliminate about 1cm of spacer. Don't even think about the 57, get the 59.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts