Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for you retro zen masters...I need set of Christophe toe clips to finish off my restored '72 Paramount...I wear a 42 shoe...which size clips do I need, M or L?

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
medium .....

but large won't kill you either. i have 44/45 feets and use a large comfortably. some depends on your cleat position preference, and how you bend the clips. post pics when your done ;-)

ciao

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I new Spirito Maximo would come through for me...Thanks and I will post pics ASAP.

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
you got style

i respect that.

ciao

·
Registered
2 Posts
couple of retro clip rules

For what it's worth, here's how we used to pick clips:

Get your cleat position down perfect. Then select a clip that leaves 2-3mm space between the tip of the shoe and the clip. You don't want the clip touching the toe box of the shoe. Like a poster said, bend them to fit. To move them away from the shoe some more, shim them out with washers between the pedal and the clip.

I wear 42 shoes and used to ride with large clips. But I also rode with my cleat all the way back, putting my toe further forward.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd suggest that you go large, too...

FWIW, I've found that T/Cs vary in size, both from maker to maker, and from alloy to steel...Christophe steel runs a tad smaller than MKS steel. MKS alloy runs smaller than MKS steel but larger than Campy alloy. Campy steel runs larger than Campy alloy but smaller than MKS steel...etc.

Go large...you can't go wrong.

PH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts