Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List no more than three, and include the title and artist. My top two are as follows:

Alabama 3 - Woke up this morning (Chosen One) - Soprano's Theme song
Massive Attack - Safe from Harm (Perfect Mix)

When ever I hear either of these songs, I want to be on my bike, charging up a hill.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
I'm not sure any songs inspire me to ride, but what I do know is that going to Disneyland with my 4 year old got some songs stuck in my head. I can't say riding to "It's a small world" is inspiring. Between that and the 1 minute I watched amercian idol I don't appreciate having Somewhere over the Rainbow in my head either on this mornings commute.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
KJohnson said:
I'm not sure any songs inspire me to ride, but what I do know is that going to Disneyland with my 4 year old got some songs stuck in my head. I can't say riding to "It's a small world" is inspiring. Between that and the 1 minute I watched amercian idol I don't appreciate having Somewhere over the Rainbow in my head either on this mornings commute.
That Small World ride is torture for that reason alone.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
That Small World ride is torture for that reason alone.
We intentionally waited until later in the day so we could enjoy the morning. The daughter was singing it the rest of the afternoon. It was cute, but got old.

The hightlight of her trip was meeting Cinderella. She spoke to her for about 5 minutes. The daughter was on cloud nine and still is. Cinderella was a babe. Gotta keep this away from Scotty2hottie or Disneyland will need some more security.:p

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
Timmons said:
List no more than three, and include the title and artist. My top two are as follows:

Alabama 3 - Woke up this morning (Chosen One) - Soprano's Theme song
Massive Attack - Safe from Harm (Perfect Mix)

When ever I hear either of these songs, I want to be on my bike, charging up a hill.
Brick By Brick - Static X
really hard rock gets me really really revved up and I'm jumping around ready to get on the bike. It's kind of bad when I do though, cuz then I get on and SPRINT.
-estone2

·
Registered
21 Posts
Id say the 2 most influential cds that ive listened to hundreds of times while biking would be:
the living end - roll on
the struggle - in protest of an empty future
ridiculously awesome songs that get you pumped to get to where you are going 2x as fast

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently made a mix for mtb trip

There's some crossover, I suppose

Hell on Wheels - Fu Manchu
Riding - Buckcherry
White Knuckle Ride - Rancid
Ride -The Vines
The Distance - Cake
Slow Ride - Beastie Boys
Let It Ride - Ryan Adams
Unbroken Chain - Grateful Dead
I'm a Steady Rollin' Man - Robert Johnson
Head Over Heels - Tears for Fears
Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World
Slow Ride - Foghat
Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers - ZZ Top

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here I will name a few of my favs.

System of a down - Attack (when this one comes on I cant help but open up in a sprint with the chorus)
Slayer - War Ensemble (best riding music)
Slayer - Black magic
Metallica creeping death
Megadeth - 99 ways to die
Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine
Dream Theater - A change of seasons
Dream Theater - Learning to Live

An Ipod makes long rides on the highway seem alot more enjoyable. Im used to it so im always aware of whats around and dont zone out amongst the 1000's of cars around.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The whole Kraftwerk's Tou De France Sountrack.
Sonic Youth's Pacific Coast Highway
Rolling Stone's You Gotta Move
Santana's Se A Cabo
Big Black's Cables
Wiper's Return Of the Rat
The Walkabouts Breakneck Speed

Pink Floyd's Bike:)

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Changes for me often. I'm in a classic rock mood lately, so here are the first three songs on my current riding playlist.

Good Times Bad Times - Led Zepplin / Led Zepplin I
Babe I'm Going To Leave You - Led Zepplin / Led Zepplin I
Ramble On - Led Zeppling / Led Zepplin II

And Pink Floyd's bike is only to be played as a joke (along with The Gnome from the same album :D)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Changes for me often. I'm in a classic rock mood lately, so here are the first three songs on my current riding playlist.

Good Times Bad Times - Led Zepplin / Led Zepplin I
Babe I'm Going To Leave You - Led Zepplin / Led Zepplin I
Ramble On - Led Zeppling / Led Zepplin II

And Pink Floyd's bike is only to be played as a joke (along with The Gnome from the same album :D)
Are you shure it's a joke or a sign that Syd Barret musical writing was getting stranger and stranger.
Just listen to his Madcap Laughs album.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.