Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will go straight to it. I bought a frame off Ebay. Problem---2 cracks in frame. Its the second time on Ebay as the first person who bought this frame saw the cracks and sent it back.Took a month to get his money back. I contacted the first buyer and he stated exactly where the cracks were. I know the owner of this frame tried to sell it to someone from his local cycle club----in New Jersey. Obviously they saw the damage.. He puts it on Ebay sells it to some poor person. I have paid $475 in import taxes into Australia for this frame and are reluctant to send it back as this guy is a complete ar!!!ole. Liar as well. This is the only problem I have had with a seller in 3 years obn Ebay. What would you do? As I know this seller is going to give me grief and i think I will lose my Import taxes money if i send it back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought of that > I reckon someone out in the cycling community will know who this is-----I can name him -----but not yet. He needs to pull his head in------in a hurry. Or he is about to become famous.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Damn.. Good luck.. You certainly have the power to ruin any of his credibility now.. He deserves it if you do too..

G

·
reedy said:
I will go straight to it. I bought a frame off Ebay. Problem---2 cracks in frame. Its the second time on Ebay as the first person who bought this frame saw the cracks and sent it back.Took a month to get his money back. I contacted the first buyer and he stated exactly where the cracks were. I know the owner of this frame tried to sell it to someone from his local cycle club----in New Jersey. Obviously they saw the damage.. He puts it on Ebay sells it to some poor person. I have paid $475 in import taxes into Australia for this frame and are reluctant to send it back as this guy is a complete ar!!!ole. Liar as well. This is the only problem I have had with a seller in 3 years obn Ebay. What would you do? As I know this seller is going to give me grief and i think I will lose my Import taxes money if i send it back.
It would appear that ebay would ban this guy from selling stuff once he got caught selling garbage. Now I'm worried since I won a bid on a Scott CR-1 frame this past monday 4/27.

What is the best method do you recommend to check for hairline cracks that may be missed by the eye?.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don`t pay anything if the amount is under $1000 Australian. But when it does you pay 5% Customs Duty--then--a processing fee of $48.85. Then the amount which was $1750 US ($2445 AUS)gets a 10 %GST charge to it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gee. I have cracked a CR1 too. Im really not sure----the cracks are normally visible to the eye that I have seen. I once sent a Look 585 frame back -which they said got X-rayed.-----And I know what your thinking------gee ----does not have much luck with frames with cracks in them.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I bought two Eddy Merckx steel frames over the internet (once on eBay) at different times that had obvious crash damage once I received them. In both cases, I was able to return the frames to the seller for a refund, but it was a hassle. You know the old saying, Buyer Beware. Internet sales are always risky unless dealing with an established dealer. I always insist on plenty of good photos when buying frames, and try to exchange several emails with the seller to make sure they seem legitimate. If a seller won't return emails, answer legitimate questions or provide decent photos, I don't bid or buy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know. I know. I do feel like a complete idiot. But this guy new exactly what he was doing . He has feed me the same bull!hit as the other guy who bought the frame first. He stated with one of his emails back to me ------That he is well within his rights to not give any sort of refund .So dont harass me.As the bike he sent me was in perfect working order.----only done 2000 miles as new cond.-------The bike has been crashed. I can go on and on with the crap he has given me.------------And this guy has his face plastered all over the internet. He really gets me going.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
reedy said:
I know. I know. I do feel like a complete idiot. But this guy new exactly what he was doing . He has feed me the same bull!hit as the other guy who bought the frame first. He stated with one of his emails back to me ------That he is well within his rights to not give any sort of refund .So dont harass me.As the bike he sent me was in perfect working order.----only done 2000 miles as new cond.-------The bike has been crashed. I can go on and on with the crap he has given me.------------And this guy has his face plastered all over the internet. He really gets me going.
spill it-give us the details on this jackass! this ******** deserves it! somebody ought to crack his knee caps.

i recently bought and returned a titus ti frame on ebay. there was a slight buckle on the seattube and i was wary of keeping the frame as there would have been a lot of seatpost showing due to a combination of my wife's long legs and the frame's extreme slope. it turned out that the frame had a crack that was repaired by titus, and that was responsible for the buckle. the asshat who sold the frame, never mentioned it. he also, re-listed it on ebay without mentioning it's history. i emailed him and said it was wrong for him not to mention the fixed crack. he basically and courteously told me to mind my own business.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
have you contacted eBay about this? the buyer protection might not be all that but it sounds like your going to have to get heavy handed with this person. ID him........

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Sorry if it seemed like I was hassling you. Sounds like you got screwed, plain and simple. I would definitely file a complaint with eBay. My daughter bought some text books for college through eBay's half.com, and one of the books never arrived. We filed a complaint and eventually got our money refunded, although it too about 3 months.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My lovely seller -emailed me back saying that if I intend to send it back-------he would have to sell it first-----------for the third time-to some other sucker and then give me the money back-----but as he stated in his listing in which it does say at the bottom ---on the return section-----that now claim can be made with any customs disputes for foreign buyers...................who in the hell places that sort of return policy in without knowing exactly what they are trying to do. He is the biggest *************** *************** I have ever come across. I know if I sent it back it would be a long drawn out process-------The first buyer of this frame sent it back to him and the seller said that the frame some how got hidden in his basement without his knowledge for about 3 weeks. Yeah right.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
I hope you used Paypal... because if you didn't... game over.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used Paypal------followed the normal prompts------in which you pay.Then the seller sends me a email to say that I have sent it to the wrong email address-----------------This was the first time I thought-----WHAT?. How can you send it to the wrong email address------its linked to the paypal account....Turns out he pays this and that to transfer it out of that account----with fees etc....----------------SO then my money gets caught in limbo for about 5 days------------------then our Australian dollar goes down about 2c compare dto the US dollar and it costs me another $80 with the new exchange rate..It was one balls up after another------I can go on and on. Gee he pisses me off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've usually read good things about people getting things cleared up through ebay/paypal... however people usually note that it takes a long time and can be quite the process. After that, I say shame him.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Expensive lemonade - you came to the right place for support. But how do you fix it.

Would it be possible and less expensive to simply have the frame repaired - not ideal , I know-but your other options sound costly. And/or if the seller will not fully compensate to return the frame (including your taxes) notify ebay. Does this sound like fraud? If the seller will not correct could the purchaser (the OP) also notify the states attorney general? And flame the person every chance you get if they will not set right. Hard to turn the other check in these cases - Hell I’m p!$$ed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts