Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to bad decision making, or changing my mind mid-upgrade, I have wound up with a lot of stuff that I don't know what to do with. As I was cleaning up and re-stocking my box I found, among other things, two brand new Shimano D/A 9 speed cassettes, a new SRAM Force crankset, a new XTR front der, and a new XT front der. and a lot more.

I don't anticipate ever using most of this but I'm not really sure of the best way to disposition it. Ebay, RBR/MTBR classifieds, GoodWill for cyclists? If I Ebay it do I post individually or as a lot?

Any pros or cons on selling or donating would be apprecated.

Thanks,
JWR

·
Registered
922 Posts
eBay would bring the most return dollars. Sell as single items. But the satisfaction of knowing that some guy walked into a co-op looking for crank and walking out with a nice Force unit would be good to I think.

What gearing are the 9 speed cassettes? I am in need of 12-27 or similar. I swore I would never buy another DA cassette, but if the price was right....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Co-op?

davcruz said:
eBay would bring the most return dollars. Sell as single items. But the satisfaction of knowing that some guy walked into a co-op looking for crank and walking out with a nice Force unit would be good to I think.

What gearing are the 9 speed cassettes? I am in need of 12-27 or similar. I swore I would never buy another DA cassette, but if the price was right....
First, not to run afoul of any RBR rules, I'd feel obliged to pay the classified ad cost if you did by the D/A cassette. (And I don't know what the gearing is on either one of them. I recall that the sticker is still on the box but I'll have to look when I get home.)

Second, though I'm familiar with the concept of a co-op in general I have no idea where one is located and how to get the stuff to them. (I have a significant pile of other stuff that, though maybe not ebay worthy i.e. slightly used tires that I don't like, a set of Al drop bars that I didn't like the feel, etc.)

Now here's a follow up question:
Is it wise to double post an item (ebay and RBR concurrently) or is it better do one and then the other?

Thanks,

·
Registered
922 Posts
Let me know on the cassettes, no biggie either way though. I prefer 6500 over 7700 for longevity/cost.

I would not list anything at multiple places, too much of a pain when it sells at one and someone is dealing with you at the other.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What about the local homeless shelter

Our local bike club has adopted our local rescue mission. We have raised money with charity rides, lobbied Walmart for bikes, and spend time with their clients refurbishing and repairing bicycles they ride. It is my go to for my used parts and bicycles when they need a new home. I really don't need the cash they would bring by selling them. My lovely wife doesn't seem to know what bikes I have as long as the number stays the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts