Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past two days I've done a fair bit of riding at a moderate pace and my legs feel OK, maybe a little tired. Question is, do I take the day off and maybe go for a run, or do I go to the local hammer fest tonight and get my legs ripped off and rest tomorrow?

I'm leaning towards riding 'cause it beats the sh!t outta running, especially when it's so friggin' hot out.

Thoughts?

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
This is what happens when you train without plans or goals. NTTAWWT. Do whatever you feel like.

OTOH, if you have a goal event of some kind, you'll be better off if you plan your training.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not training for anything atm, just trying to stay fit and have fun on my bike. I really enjoy riding in a tight, fast group, but I'm not an extremely competitive person so I don't do much racing, hence my lack of a training plan.

I don't like being locked into a certain plan where I have to do X, Y, and Z on days 1, 2, and 3 every week. I find that being a little spontaneous in my riding helps to maintain my interest and enthusiasm for riding.

·
Anti-Hero
10,405 Posts
BuckeyeBiker said:
I'm not training for anything atm, just trying to stay fit and have fun on my bike. I really enjoy riding in a tight, fast group, but I'm not an extremely competitive person so I don't do much racing, hence my lack of a training plan.
You answered your own question- if you ride for fun, then do whatever is fun!

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back from the ride. Nice tempo, nice people, nice route and nice weather. ~40 miles at around 26-30 mph and my legs feel pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.