Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to preface this by saying I'm totally new to this site and I have been doing some bike resaerch for the past couple of months... and I'm totally new to the biking group... with that said, I would like some input as to what would be best for me from the more experienced bikers... all input appreciated...

I have been looking at Trek (7.5 FX & 1.5), Cannondale (Synapse Sport 5 & 7) & Specialized... here is what I'm looking for... I would like a nice road bike that has the possibility to add a rear rack for a bag or even panniers, I would like a fast bike, I plan on riding on the the weekends taking increasingly longer rides as my riding progresses... I'm doing this for fitness and health, but after a while would like to turn this into weekend tours of various lengths... the better road bikes that I check out don't have the connections for racks and trunks, I also would like to do some weekends runs that would included a Sat night camp and a Sun return home... would like to have the ability to carry some of the equipment on the bike... However I'm not really wanting a touring bike... The Trek 1.2 is the highest one they have that has a rear rack attachment, the Cannondale Synapse Sport 5 is the highest one they have... I would like to have a higher quality bike (equipment wise, Shimano 105 and so forth) than what is offered that I have seen... The reason that I would like a higher quality is that I might just make a weekend run for a 100 miles or so without that equipment... is there a bike out there that can accommodate what I'm looking for or do I just need 2 different bikes, or should I just change my way of thinking...

Just dunno what to do... thanx so much in advance of ur thoughts...

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
You can put a rear rack on pretty much any road bike. If it has no eyelets on the dropouts, you can use little clamps known as p-clips.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with JCavilia. I have a 2008 Cannondale Synape 6 road bike that I added a rack for runs to the local store. You can check out Old Man Mountain or Topeak for road bike racks. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.