Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting a 2010 synaspe carbon 6 1699. My dealer said to hurry and decide cause might not be able to get a new one. So if they cannot what percentage do I make on his demo if they are willing to sell it? Also I know of another dealer had in the springtime leftover 09 for carbon6 for 1400.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
How well known are you at the shop? Are you a regular customer there? Is it like Cheers where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came? IMO/IME that makes a real difference. What I would do is ask them what they want for it, then make a counter offer. Make sure the counter offer isn't so low so it's insulting. If it were me that's how I'd start out, and I'd play it by ear from there.

·
What Would Google Do.
1,578 Posts
1500-1550 cash

·
Registered
625 Posts
Assuming the mark-up on new bikes is around 30%, I'd offer +/- $1200 for the demo - as a demo, it's really a used bike and you should value it as such. The dealer gets his cash back and the store got to use the bike to generate sales for the season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.