Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda Scary pulling out of drive way yesterday morning and said hey what happened to one of the garage doors. Closer inspection could tell someone tried to pry it open with a crowbar and bust out the lock. In the garage are all my bikes and one of my work stands. I keep all my parts tires tools in work shed in backyard. All I can think was somebody saw the garage open one day for a couple of minutes and saw all the bikes and wanted them.
I never thought something like this would happen. Made me think wow I have no pictures serial numbers or receipts for any of my rides.
I ended up last night taking 103 pictures of work shed. garage and bikes all together and individually and also serial numbers if they had one.

Guess my question is, do you guys and gals use a specific method to track your rides and to show the insurance company in case the unmentionable would happen.??

I was thinking of making just a basic Excel Spreadsheet with each bike and serial number an estimated worth.

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Ray Still

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
They had a string of burglaries in a city close to where I live. Folks with expensive road bikes were getting ripped off. They think people were watching them at the finish of their rides and knew where they lived. I live in the county and keep everything locked up. My garage door is shut if I am not there. The inside of my garage can not be viewed from the road. One of the local guys keeps his bikes under chain and key when they are not being ridden.

I still have the original receipts for my bikes. Don't know what the insurance company would pay off.

Years ago when I lived in San Jose, I caught a guy trying to break into my locked side garage door. I called the cops with a description. He was high on drugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.