Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new Motorola jersey this year. I still have my old one and a Z jersey and a few others. I'd like a 7-11, an Ariostea, maybe a Castorama (have to have the shorts for that one too). What vintage jersey would you like to have?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Z, Chateau D'Ax, 84 US Olympic Team (Skittles)

The real prize would be an old, wool jersey that I wore touring for many years. It was light blue with navy or black bands at the neck and cuffs. I think the brand was Oliver Ditson, but it was long ago.

·
Banned
608 Posts
epic said:
What vintage jersey would you like to have?
Château d'Ax

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Lots of them

I'd like:
Sean Kelly team Skill, 7-11, Moltini, and, Gan.
I can't believe that someone hasn't re-issued Lemond era jerseys. I don't need wool. The graphics and link to the history of great cycling is what I'm after. Like throwback jerseys from NFL, MLB, etc...

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
I was going to buy a Molteni, however I didn't feel quite right about having the world champ stripes on it. I know it shouldn't matter (and i've said as much), however here in rural Ohio where I ride, those stripes would be mistaken by something else and i'd end up getting run over or beat up. Not worth it.

Other than that, I don't know. Maybe a Mapei jersey from a few years ago.

·
professional lurker
460 Posts
I got this jersey off of eBay a couple of years ago and love it. Colors are nice and vivid, but not too much. I get complaments on it all the time.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I got the jersey that I wanted last year

It was a wool Swedish national champions jersey. Vintage Velos had them a few years ago, but I did not have the money for one then. One came up on ebay last year, and my dear wife bought it for me as a graduation present.

Unfortunately this winter some damn little bugs got into it and chewed a small hole in it, now I keep it in a plastic bag.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
TI Raleigh wool with real stitched logo and letters.

I had this stolen from a parked car in the late 70's and I'm still upset about it. I'm sure that jersey and my Duegies were in a dumpster a few minutes later. Bummer.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
being vintage myself I still have a few jerseys around - Ariostea, La Vie Claire, Mercatone long sleeve ones, etc. Wish I had Castorama, Systeme U, and a 97 Mercatone short sleeve.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Salvarani is available....

cadence90 said:
Salvarani.
Gimondi.
Enough said.

Vermarc is making some cool new versions of full jerseys. Salvarani is one of them though you may already know that since you have a pic of the new version. Some really cool jerseys in the collection. They are full zip and nice fabric but cost is about $100...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Gewiss from 1995-96

The Blue ones with the mercator projection on it when they were sponsored by De Rosa. Simple, and cool when you look at it.

Would also settle for an old school Canada national team jeresey -sky blue with white sleeves. Like Bauer wore in 1984 and 1988.

Takmanjapan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts