Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
it was a pretty tricky region to point to - commentators said it was to his legs (as in letting his legs do the talking) but it did seem a bit higher than that - at least he didn't pull out a pacifier and chew on it - probably the ickiest winning gesture of all time...

·
Registered
121 Posts
it was either

1. the dog's bollocks

2. or it could've been when Cav and Boonen crossed the line together, Booned gestured/shurgged to Cav as if to imply "who won that - me or you?". no words were exchanged and Cav immediately pointed to himself, sort of in the direction of his nether region.

so it could have been a bit of both. haaa.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I love how the commentators on VS say he isn't at all arrogant - bwa haha!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
He is arrogant, but who cares. Except Daniele Bennati he has dominated everyone else. He's taken Tom Boonen to sprinting school in the ToC, and last Summer he took 4 TdF stages (right?) to Freire's 1. The only other sprinter out there who he hasn't dominated is Bennati, as head-to-head they each took 2 stages at the 2008 Giro.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
If I were that fast I'd be arrogant to.. hard not to be after winning stuff like that. I appreciate that he's chill and relaxed when they talk to him away from the race though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
ZoSoSwiM said:
If I were that fast I'd be arrogant to.. hard not to be after winning stuff like that. I appreciate that he's chill and relaxed when they talk to him away from the race though.
Chill and relaxed isn't how i'd describe his demeanour off the road ;) He's pretty much cocky all the time.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I don't find him arrogant. He speaks plainly and says what he believes to be true. He says, "nobody's faster than me inside of 200m" and so far he's proven that. He also plainly says that some races are simply too hard for him and also that he needs his team to place him which are both weaknesses, not something an arrogant guy would volunteer. I'm sure he's got no illusions of dropping Boonen at Roubaix or Flanders and he is very respectful of his competition.

·
Registered
67 Posts
DZ...

"“I offered Cavendish a hefty bonus yesterday if he dedicated the win. I don't know if you noticed his victory salute," Zabriskie said after being asked how DZ nuts were holding up. "So I had to give him a large wad of cash and a couple of packs.”

who knows how true that is, but it made me laugh.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts