Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
It looks like the fork snapped off at the steer tube... at least he landed (initially) on his chest instead of his face. Of course, that followed shortly thereafter...

Let speed = 172
Do until speed = 0
Call abuse(chest, face, fingers, hands, arms, shoulders, back, legs, knees, thighs, calves, feet)
Let speed = speed - 1
Loop

· Registered
2,403 Posts
It goes by pretty fast, but it looked to me like the frame failed at the bottom bracket. He may have bottomed out and slammed the BB into the ground just before it's failure.

Also learned the hard leason on properly securing a helmet. I don't think it stayed on his head past rotation one.

Also, with friends like that who needs enemies. They man handle the guy to a standing position and take his clothes off without cutting them all before he's regained concousness.

Poor guy, hope he's all better now.

· Registered
60 Posts
Scot_Gore said:
It goes by pretty fast, but it looked to me like the frame failed at the bottom bracket. He may have bottomed out and slammed the BB into the ground just before it's failure.

Also learned the hard leason on properly securing a helmet. I don't think it stayed on his head past rotation one.

Also, with friends like that who needs enemies. They man handle the guy to a standing position and take his clothes off without cutting them all before he's regained concousness.

Poor guy, hope he's all better now.
The helmet was probably just a fairing that gave no protection. The way they were moving him around was scary. Why would you do someting like that without trained medics?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.